V. YOUTH PASTOR ( PETER'S VERSION )

CHAPTER FIVE
↳ youth pastor ( peter's version )

CHAPTER FIVE ↳ youth pastor ( peter's version )

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

There was a pause and Maia's eyebrows furrowed together. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Well you die—"

Maia sighed and nuzzled the cat closer to her. The cat meowed and Maia scratched their head. "I heard that. I'm just in a moment of shock." Maia put her hand up and placed one over her mouth.

Peter felt like laughing and crying.

MJ sighed. "Is there any way we can send them back to their world so they can resolve these issues?" She gestured to both Maia and Peter with exhaustion written all over her face. "I can't deal with this and our Peter."

Maia put a finger up to hush MJ. "Hush." She smiled at her, putting her thumb up at her and then turning to Peter. He was identical to her Peter. Too identical. "Now, what the fuck did you mean I'm dead?" Maia looked at Peter in shock. She looked around with widened eyes. "Is this the afterlife? Oh my god is this hell?" She covered her mouth. "Oh fuck, I knew I shouldn't have stolen that milk when I was seven. Oh my god, oh my god." The cat nuzzled into her to calm Maia down and Maia gave them a kiss.

"Um, why do you have a cat?" Ned meekly asked, eyeing the cat suspiciously.

"I have bad attachment issues." Maia responded. She placed the cat down.

MJ sighed, watching the girl panic momentarily though still coo over the cat as though it was a baby. "She's definitely a Parker in some way."

Maia smiled at the cat, then paused for a moment, turning to look at MJ. "Oh hi!" Maia waved. "What's your name?"

"MJ?"

Maya's eyes widened. "Oh."

"Oh?" MJ frowned. What on earth was this girl on?

"My girlfriend's called MJ." Maia's lips pressed together. "So there's a reality where my brother dates a variant of my girlfriend?"

"You mean where you date a variant of your brother's girlfriend?" Ned corrected.

Maia corrected him, "actually, from the looks of things it seems as though I've been with my girlfriend longer, my friend." She grinned. "Maia, Maia Parker."

Ned gave her two thumbs up. "Ned."

Peter was still in a state of shock. "Wait you are a Spider-man?" Peter looked at Maia with disbelief. "Or, well Spider-girl?"

Maia crossed her arms at him. "Excuse me, did you not expect a girl to be a Spider-man in an alternative universe?" She sighed. "And it's still Spider-man."

Peter went red from both the correction and accusation. "No, no I believe in the empowerment of women, I love women, it's just you're not, well, a Peter."