III. MULTIVERSAL PAINS

CHAPTER THREE
↳ multiversal pains

CHAPTER THREE↳ multiversal pains

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

In a way, Peter Parker had slightly expected his reality to be even a bit similar to this one he was sucked in. He didn't know why everything was different though, but it was and that meant Maia May Parker would have had to give him money if she was here.

When they were younger, they'd talk non-stop about the potential of the multiverse. They'd make little bets, idiotic bets and Peter would be sat on the bedroom floor laughing so much while Maia held a hand over his mouth so Uncle Ben wouldn't come in and tell them to sleep.

He was a loud laugher.

Peter leaned against a wall and sighed. But Maia May Parker wasn't here, she couldn't experience any of this.

She would've loved everything to do with wherever he was.

She would've been gushing on how weird the world looked and just be so, so excited. Peter smiled at the thought of his little sister. She was so deserving of every moment of this excitement, even if it was confusing to him. He had been in his New York one minute, the next he was here and everything looked so different and confusing.

This was a strand of the multiverse or, well, he thought this was the multiverse.  He had obsessed over the potential of this possibility and now it was here and he was simply awestruck.

Of course he was, he was Peter Parker after all.

The multiverse was an entire theory Peter Parker could go on about for ages. He could rant for hours on end yet still have so much more to say. It was infinitely possible to talk non-stop about everything to do with the theory.

But, no matter how much you talk about it, Peter would never understand it properly. The more you talk about something, the less you understand after all. Peter despised that fact so much and wished he could possibly understand anything and everything.

Yet he couldn't.

He still tried understanding everything when he heard some girl and a random dude calling his name. He didn't recognise either of them, yet he still went and jumped into the portal, glad to be out of the cold. The girl wasn't at all trusting of him, though he respected that because he understood the facade of appearing as their version of him wasn't exactly appealing.

"So I opened the wrong portal to the wrong Peter." The smaller one out of the two whispered to the girl. He had some weird accessory on his fingers and Peter questioned whatever that was. Also, Peter definitely took offence to being called the wrong Peter. There was no such thing as the wrong Peter. The portal that brought him here had seemingly vanished now and that confused Peter a lot. That was magic. Magic. Magic. Like wizards shit or something.

"Guess we keep doing it until we find the real one." MJ, Michelle Jones, had replied back and Peter took complete offence to this.

The kid, Ned, turned away and brought his hands outwards, spinning them around in a hypnotic manner.

"Find Peter Parker." He mumbled, trying to focus while he moved his hands. "Find Spider-man."

When the portal opened again, Peter Parker hadn't expected for a much smaller figure to walk through. They appeared very short, much shorter than him with a completely different built. They were also holding a cat which was purring.

"Ned," MJ whispered, urgency in her voice. Ned looked at her, noticing the stare she had at the figure. "That's definitely not our Peter."

"What?" They had a much more feminine voice, something that sounded very familiar to Peter for a moment and his stomach dropped. "Excuse me?" They pulled off their mask and Peter immediately tensed up. She looked older yet still looked the same. She still had the same baby face, the same smile, the same stare. Everything about Maia was the same.

"You are definitely not Peter." Ned remarked, eying MJ. His Lola said something to him and he looked at Maia and then her with a confused look.

"Um, hello?" Maia waved, confusion written on her face. "What did she say?"

"My Lola just said you're very pretty."

Maia blushed. "Thank you." She scratched the back of her head nervously. "Now, not to be offensive, but who the fuck are you?"

MJ held her arms out defensively and Maia covered her mouth to stifle a laugh. "Who are you? Why are you wearing Peter's costume?"

Maia sighed. "It's not a costume, it's a suit," she gave an offended gasp, glaring at MJ harshly. "and, well, I'm Maia, Maia Parker."

"Maia?"

Maia turned her head and her eyes widened, mouth agape and clearly shaken up. She was pale, as though she had seen a ghost. Both Peter and Maia looked as though they were seeing ghosts. Almost out of instinct, Maia brought her wrist up and webbed Peter, who's eyes were wide as she watched him tear off the web on his wrist.

He was glad she hadn't webbed him in the face, his Maia had done that before.

"How the fuck did you get here?"

Maia stared at him in confusion and then answered, "don't have an explanation but I'm pretty sure I'm dead."

"Well, yeah," Peter responded and Maia looked at him with shock. "You died, Maia."

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

im living life with these cliffhangers

also thank you all so much for nearly 1k already

like wtf

you are all eating this shit up

anywyas swag

yule blessings to any pagan friends celebrating today !!