02. Marvelous Marriage

Start from the beginning

In fact, the tale of the Silvers orphans begins long before the fire which left the children with practically nothing to their names.

The Silvers sibling's look around their blackened home, for something from their former life. Curiously, Matthew picked up a object which suspiciously looked like a spyglass. Melody looks over Matthew's shoulder with a risen eyebrow.

As Matthew attempted to turn the knob's on the object, it quickly shattered in his hands turning into ash. The Silvers sighed disappointed as they allowed the ashes to float away with the wind.

The Baudelaire's live through the exact same tale as the Silvers, as if their fates were intertwined with one another.

Violet took notice of the Silvers and smiled, "I believe, we haven't introduced ourselves. I'm Violet Baudelaire and these are my siblings Klaus and Sunny."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Melody smiled back. "I'm Melody Silvers and this is my older brother Matthew," The said boy, waved and smiled

This story begins before their brief and unpleasant stay with the Poe family. It begins before the children meet Justice Strauss, a nice lady who, unfortunately, is not their guardian. And before the children were placed under the care of a terrible actor with a mysterious tattoo of an eye on his ankle, who made the children sleep in an awful room, do a series of difficult and irritating chores, and cook dinner for his disreputable and largely untalented theater troupe, resulting in act's of violence that ought to be shown on-screen."

"That money our parents left behind is not to be used until Violet-" Klaus was cut off from Olaf's hand being swung around his face and made him fall to the floor. Melody's eyes widened at the sight and her eyes stung with tears as she listened to Klaus's sorrowful pant.

Count Olaf took another step towards the noirette. He smirked before he shoved her into the table and onto the ground. She heard Olaf's henchmen gasp as she hit the ground. She winced as she felt a bruise forming on her side.

Why? You may ask. Why did the children suffer through this series of unfortunate events? How did the resourceful and intelligent children of kindly and attentive parents end up in the care of Count Olaf? That answer, at least, can be found shortly after the fire that claimed both the Baudelaire and Silvers homes. Inside the private, somewhat ill-decorated office of Mr. Poe at Mulctuary Money Management.

"Jacquelyn, could you bring the Baudelaire and Silvers file's in here, please?" Mr. Poe asks once more.

Mr. Poe, then, thinks back to the other day when the Baudelaire children stayed with him and his family and he met a strange man named Yessica Haircut. He thought as to when Yessica Haircut advised him to dub Count Olaf as the Baudelaire's guardian. His assistant had mysteriously disappeared not to long from Yessica Haircut's arrival.

There are many police inspectors, concerned citizens and television executives who have expressed confusion as to how the Baudelaire orphans ended up in Count Olaf's so-called care. The scene you see behind me is called a flashback. That is a word which here means "taken place during the events of the last episode, shortly after the Baudelaire fire and during the Baudelaire children's unfortunate stay with the Poe family." I present it to you now in the hopes that the police inspectors, concerned citizens and television executives might finally leave me alone.

These events at Mulctuary Money Management resulted in unfortunate events far and near, from a woman trapped in a remote park......to five orphans in horrifying circumstances, as our story resumes.