Lefty walks over to the computer and rips off the control panel, handing a cable to Atom who plugs it in. "Easy as pie right?"

"Mhmm." Lefty opens another panel and twists together two wires causing Atom to jolt forward.

"Woah! I think you found the power." Atom's one working eye changes to lines of jumbled code.

"Now, when you need to leave just find the white switch and I will turn off the power." Lefty crouches down to where Atom is seated and places a hand on their shoulder. "Be careful in there."

"I will have to be or else I broke my promises." They joke lightheartedly. "I'll be careful."

Atom nods as they close their eye and focus on the incoming code. They get transported to a familiar room with books piled up to the seemingly endless sky.

"Hey!" Atom sees the blurred figure reading a book on a big and old fashioned chair. "I need your help."

"Atom! It's you..." The figure closes their book and jumps down from their chair. "How did you get here?"

"That Peridot helped me, you know the one that you told me about." The figure nods in recognition. "She helped me into an old gem computers files and here I am but more importantly I need your help."

"Why do you need my help?" The figure asks nervously.

"I- no" they cut themself off. "Can anyone else see or hear us right now?"

"No, it's just us." The figure reassures. "The Peridot can't hear into our conversation or see it so we are truely alone here."

Atom lets out a sigh of relief. "I need help for who to give the recall code and the injury that Whit- she has given me." Atom removes their new eyepatch and gestures to their more obvious white gash the has grown is size.

"You know I can't help you with the future Atom." The figure crosses their arms and looks away. "It will only put you in danger if I tell you and you eventually act upon it."

"I'm not asking to know all of the secrets of the universe here, I just need help." The scar grows slightly as they speak. "I don't want the others to know, not even Lefty or the others but the pain has been getting worse and I am not fully convinced that I'm myself."

The figure sighs and shakes their head. "I know how hard this is going to get for you but Just go with what your robotic gut tells you or else you might not like the consequences."

Atom looks down to the floor with a frown.

"You will have to go into hiding soon." The figure states. "There will be a ship coming from homeworld to collect you and some humans so it would be the best if you hide from those gems."

Atom perks up. "When will this happen? Please."

"In a week." The figure sighs. "Give someone your recall code before next week finishes or else it will be to late." The figure grabs a box and opens it, showing a white switch. "Now go, you have some gems waiting for you."

"When will I see you again?" Atom looks up before grabbing the box.

"Soon, don't worry." The figure frowns.

"Okay, see you then." Atom flicks the switch, allowing their body to leave the figure alone in their room.

"Just hurry up..." The figure grips a piece of paper in their hand.

~~~

Atom opens their eye to see Topaz and Pyrite sitting in front of each other, talking quietly as Lefty has fallen asleep on the computer just next to Atom.

Atom pulls the wire out of their neck and nudges Lefty. "Wakey wakey." As Lefty stands up, Atom then walks over to the two gems in front of them.

"Do you know what the time is or how long we have been out?" Atom asks.

"Well we did get here when the sun was rising but now the sun has fully set and the moon is in the sky." Topaz says as she and Pyrite stand up as well. "Did you get what you needed?"

Atom sighs. "Yeah and I have something very important to tell you all so please pay attention."

The three gems gather in front of Atom with confused looks on each of their faces.

"What is it?" Lefty asks but the look on her face shows that she might know exactly what they have to tell them.

"I can't say it out loud but this is what you have to say if I end up captured by any Homeworld gems or if anything else is able to control my body." Atom fishes the files piece of paper and hands it to Lefty who holds it in her hands as Pyrite and Topaz look over her shoulder.

"How did you get this?" Lefty looks up at Atom with concern.

"I'd rather not say..." Atom trails off. "Just don't say it out loud or else I'll go back to what I was before. Only use this if Homeworld catches me."

"Atom... we can't use this." Topaz states as she stares down at the paper with Pyrite on her shoulder.

"You two might not want to but Atom is right." Lefty walks over to Atom and gives them a hug before letting go but still keeping one arm around their shoulders. "It would be the best course of action is Homeworld gets them and we aren't there to step in for them."

"I just don't feel right having this in my hands." Topaz says as Pyrite nods.

"We have to respect Atoms decision and be ready when the time comes." Lefty commands as Atom looks up at her with a grateful look in their eye.

"But this isn't right! You two are acting as if Atom is a robot that can be easily replaced! As if they don't have thoughts or feelings!" Topaz shouts. "You even said that you never thought that Atom would get to this level of sentience, so if we use this then all of that will be gone! They will be gone."

"Topaz, I have gone through the situation before and this is the best course of action in case this situation happens." Atom states.

"We don't even know what this situation is! How will we know to act on it?!" Topaz asks as she and Pyrite seem to get more defensive of the idea.

"I have to agree with those two on that point, Atom." Lefty says.

"You will know if homeworld gems come here and try to forcefully take me and succeed." Atom states. "And it will happen next week so be prepared for that."

Atom looks out of the dusty window and sighs. "Now if that is all, I have made a promise to be at the barn unharmed so if you'll excuse me." Atom goes to push past Topaz but gets stopped.

"Topaz, let me go." They warn Topaz due to her grip on their arm.

"We need to talk about this and not just brush it off!" Topaz emphasised her words to try and get through to Atom.

"There is nothing else to say." They forcefully rip their arm out of Topaz's grip. "You have the code, all you have to do is use it when the time is right." Atom leaves the three gems alone in the ship as they take off into the sky.

"How can you not be worried?" Topaz turns towards Lefty who has a blank look on her face and is looking to the ground. "This is literally killing them!"

Lefty looks up with tears in her eyes. "Im very worried!" She shouts making Topaz and Pyrite's eyes widen in shock. "There is something wrong with them if they have found their recall code but something or someone must've given it to them!" Lefty runs her hand through her hair as Topaz and Pyrite go over to comfort her.

"I know exactly what will happen if we use that code because I had to be the one that coded it! I- no WE need to go and talk to the gems at the barn and see if those two know anything about what Atom has been going through." Lefty states as Topaz wipes away her tears from under her visor.

"We will, just not when Atom is with them." Lefty nods making Pyrite and Topaz smile. "We need our brains to help us for this operation so let's do it in a few days. Okay?"

Lefty nods and follows Topaz out of the ship and onto the warp pad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~