chapter twenty-seven ; goodbye to a world

Start from the beginning

everyone else pretty much knew about the news, but you were so sure you needed to talk to a certain someone before you took your departure.

you saw a peculiar purple figure in the distance.

"yun-jin!" you called out for the Korean producer, who turned around to you and smiled. you watched as she ran towards you, quickly pulling you into a tight hug when you were nearer enough to her. "y/n!"

you laughed heartily, not breaking the hug from the woman, who also kept clinging onto you as well. "my goodness y/n, you're already growing up!" she remarked as you scoffed playfully.

"yun-jin, I'm just leaving this place," you laughed, "and plus, I'm only 2 years older than the last time I was here." you smiled at her as she pouted.

"that doesn't change the fact I'm still old," she rolled her eyes, "older than you. you better not do any stupid shit that brings your ass back here, l/n
y/n." she demanded as you laughed even more.

"yeah yeah whatever yun-jin," you chuckled, "you know, I'd miss the little lectures that you'd give me." her demeanor softened, which had her let out a chuckle. you hummed, noticing that she held your hands ever so tightly. "yun-jin, is everything alright?"

she nodded slowly. "y-yeah, yeah," she sniffled, "everything is okay, my eyes are just sweaty." she cursed under her breath, wiping the tears that got on her eyelashes as you chuckled.

"aww!" you exclaimed, "is the stoic, serious, and blunt character crying?"

you giggled, embracing her right after she lightly hit you on your shoulder as she sniffled more. "I'm serious, l/n," she cracked out of her mouth, "I hate admitting it publicly to you but I also hate seeing you suffer."

your heart somehow felt warm to hear such words escape from the lips of a person so serious and reserved to herself - someone like yun-jin.

"never knew you would say those words yun-jin—don't worry, I'll make sure I'm keeping me and ji-woon safe." you engraved yet another promise in your heart as she smiled a little bit.

"you better," she sighed softly, "I have already done a bad job at managing him before, so it would be best if someone he.. loves, would carry on that job for me."

you smiled once again, rubbing her shoulder for reassurance. "I'll make sure I manage him just for you."

she smiled one last time before looking around. this action caused you to raise an eyebrow. "is there anybody listening in?"

she nodded. "yeah, there is," she replied, "and I'm sure he wants to talk to you personally too."

"who is it?"

"mr. steve harrington, who else would it be that always took interest in whatever you did?" she laughed, excusing herself before walking away.

you giggled, flustered as you spotted a dumbfounded steve, who was trying his best to make it seem like he wasn't just listening into the conversation.

his hand scratched the back of her head with a dumbfounded expression slapped on his face. you crossed your arms, chuckling as you swiftly whistled to grab his attention. "steve, I know you got something to say. don't stand there like you just got dumped."

he laughed in an embarrassed tone as he walked over towards you. "you really don't mind if we talk?" he double-checked as you nodded.

"I mean, this might as well be the last time you and I would even interact."

"well.. that is true.."

you looked up to him, then let out a laugh again. "you sure did take interest in me no matter what I did, didn't you, harrington?" he chuckled, nodding.