🎯Chapter 35🎯

Start from the beginning

"Don't be scared, everybody! It's alright! We'll be fine! Calm down! Calm down, friends!" He suddenly shouted. "They've come a bit early, but we're ready for them! Let's all follow the plan and put an end to this!"

'Gotta put myself together. This is the real thing. We have to do our best...'

"Don't worry. We're already prepared as it gets. I want you all to imagine it with me, okay? By this time, tomorrow...we'll be free! All of us, free at last! Our freedom has come to us one day earlier! Sounds great, don't you think? The playground of horrors ends today. Humankind will win in the end! So, let's all stay sharp! Breathe in, calm down, and be cool. Well then, here they come! All units get your weapons and assume positions!"

~Present time~

Emma wore a determined expression as she remembered the plan Oliver explained.

"First of all, bring all the kids to the windmill and hide them in the secret passage. Lucas and Adam will keep guard there. The other 11 of us will be divided into 4 squads. The demons organize themselves into 4 groups, led by Lewis, Bayon, Nous and Nouma, and Luce. Y/n, Emma! You two and I will lure Lewis in, but we're not attacking him. We'll just lead him around...for 15 minutes. We have to draw his attention away from the other 3 demon groups."

"!5 minutes?"

"Yes. I have an idea. I think we'll be able to distract him for 15 minutes at least. During this time, we'll deal with the others, and then, all of us strike at Lewis together! He'll bite. I'm sure of it. And, if only we can keep him away...we have a good chance of destroying the other 3 groups. We'll be catching them with their guard down. All this time, they've thought of us as defenseless prey. So it will be a surprise attack! There will be one chance and one chance only...you get it, right?"

-----

'That's right, come get us.' Gillian thought with a smirk, running from the demons.

-----

'Come on, we don't bite!' Sonya thought.

-----

'Make it seem like we're just flailing around...just like always.' Zack thought.

-----

"Let's see your face now, will you?" Nous said.

-----

"No luck, eh?"

-----

"Not you...It's not you...!"

-----

Gillian smirked as she with Zack and Sonya, who were somewhere else, held whistles.

"Wrong! Today you're dealing with me." She said.

Then, all three of them blew their whistles.

-----

'It's the signal!' Emma recognized.

Oliver pressed a trigger he held.

And with that, explosions went off.

-----

"Where's it gone?!" The demons gasped, unaware of Gillian and Nigel who stood on branches above them.

-----

"Okay, engaging the plan. It's time to hunt." Lucas said.

-----

"Let's do it." Oliver told Y/n and Emma.