The Mythic Creature.

The Mythic Creature.

After Pegasus sprung from Medusa's severed neck, after the muses brought him to Athena, after he was named, this story begins as he spread his wings and frisked in the sunny field of heaven. There he lived when he was a colt. When Athena saw the time was ripe she prepared to teach him how to be ridden. Athen whent to Hephestus, the smith-god, and said in her strong voice, "I want you to make me a gold bridal set with jewels, a bit of meteorite iron, and rains of golden spider silk. Make the bridal sparkle with divine beauty, make the bit able to tame the wildest horse, and make the rains of six silk cords braided together. Make this for me and deliver it at sunrise tomorrow, and your reward will be rich." Hephestus did as he was asked, and did so skillfully. The morning of the next day saw Athena in her riding clothes beside Pegasus esing the bridal over his head. When it was on she mounted Pegasus and gave him a soothing word. Then they were off! Athena gilded Pegasua skillfully through the clouds. Athena rode Pegasus often and soon he became a willing stead. One night they were out soaring through the sky when they came across Fate. Athena stopped politely, for the gods themselves are subject to Fate, and it would never do to anger her with rudeness. Fate declared "Soon a budding hiro shall call upon you, and ask for aid. Let him ride Pegasus, for I, Fate have decried that he shall do great deeds on that mount, and on that mount he shall fall." and Fate departed as suddenly as she had appeared. Athena told no one of this encounter, not even her father, Zeus, but cept this foreknowledge to herself. And soon a young man spent the night in her temple, seeking her help. As he slept Athena came to him in a dream, and promised him Pegases was to be his steed. She pressed into his hand the golden bridle Hephestus had made her and leaving the man went to secure Pegasus. And so if fell out even as Fate had decried. When the hero in his arrogance tried to fly Pegasus to Olympus Zeus struck him down with a thunderbolt. All the gods were astounded at his pride, save Athena who smiled her knowing smile.

(don't mind the green highlighting)