heating pads and hangovers

18+ readers only
**************

Y/N wasn't in the mood to go on a date.

It's not that she didn't like Isaac; the cute, bashful boy from her Contemporary Film class that took place on Tuesdays and Thursdays, it's the fact that she started her period about an hour ago and her lower abdomen was beginning to cramp. If she hadn't already canceled on Isaac once before, this date would be a no-go.

Standing in her bathroom facing the mirror, Y/N examined her freshly applied eyeshadow before opening the medicine cabinet to her right. Letting out a sigh of relief, she grabbed a half empty bottle of extra strength Paracetamol and popped two tablets in her mouth. After uncapping her water bottle which sat next to her makeup case, she gulped down the pills and began to contour her cheekbones. As she blended the pigment into her skin, she heard her twin brother, Connor, trudging down the hallway in her direction.

Connor rapped his knuckles against the door across from the bathroom and called out for their flatmate who had moved in a couple weeks ago. "Harry, mate! You ready?"

Connor and Harry had been friends since freshman year of uni, but over the summer Connor had asked Harry to move into their flat for their senior year to help cover the increased monthly rate the twins couldn't afford by themselves.

Now that Harry was her flatmate, Y/N had felt less blushy and awkward around him than she had her entire time at uni. She'd always found him attractive, but she didn't know him all that well despite him being best friends with Connor. This was because the twins, as close as they were, fell into their own friend groups as they adjusted to university. At parties, Connor would usually hang out with Harry and the other graphic design students while Y/N stuck with her friends that studied Film just as she did. Connor was also quite overprotective of Y/N, so he didn't like his friends going around her all that often. Although he trusted Harry more than anyone, he had still made Harry promise he wouldn't try anything with his sister whilst living there, or ever, for that matter.

Harry stepped out of his room wearing a grey t- shirt with a yellow smiley face printed on the front, the left sleeve rolled up slightly to ensure that all of his tattoos were on display (not to mention his bicep, Y/N gulped at the sight). To go with it, he wore beige slacks and some black and white Vans. He toyed with his pearl necklace as he noticed Connor glaring at Y/N disapprovingly. Harry tried to sneak past them so as to avoid a possible sibling quarrel.

Connor was Harry's best friend, but he didn't understand why Connor felt the need to lecture his sister constantly. Harry had a sister as well and he understood wanting the best for a family member, but Connor took it to another level. Was it a twin thing?

"Who are you getting so dressed up for?" Connor questioned his sister.

Y/N looked down at her outfit which she didn't consider dressy at all; a black short sleeved knit top, a gray miniskirt with a black plaid pattern, and sparkly black tights. Though the shirt clung to her figure, it completely covered her chest, and she also planned to wear her leather jacket over it.

"I'm not that dressed up," Y/N proclaimed. "But as I've told you several times, I only dress for myself." She stuck her nose in the air before spritzing perfume onto her neck.

"Okay, fine." Connor rolled his eyes. "What are you getting up to tonight? Is it a date?"

"As if you're not going to a club to pick up girls," Y/N replied snarkily.

"Who is he?" Connor crossed his arms across his chest. "Do I know him?"

Y/N blew out a breath in preparation for more interrogation. She figured she'd make it easier on herself by answering all his usual questions at the same time. "His name is Isaac, I know him from class, he doesn't have a criminal record and he's not in a frat. Satisfied?"