Moonlight cookie x child! Reader (platonic)

I've been having nightmares lately and it's making me not wanna go to sleep..also take a WIP

Dreams...dreams can be that of a pleasant memory or imagination..dreams can be that of reflecting your emotions like that of a mirror..dreams are however not reality. That's what you always tell yourself, you were just a small child who experienced the worst side of dreaming yet you can't help but remember every little bit. Your h/l h/c was a tangled mess and your plump s/c cheeks were stained with tears. Tears so pristine that it basically reflected off your fear.

Little y/n sniffled and sat up, wiping off some tears and mucus that leaked out and gripped on the soft comfort of their f/c blanket. "Little dreamer?" You perked up at the gentle voice and saw Moonlight cookie, sitting on the foot of your bed with worry and pity drawn on her face. "M-miss moonlight cookie?.." you meekly called out to her to which she responded with scooting closer. "What's wrong little y/n?" She asked as she pulled your small figure closer to her to which poor y/n responded with sniffles and some more tears, "another bad dream, little one?" You slowly nodded and looked up at her elegant face, "mhm..I'm scared to go to sleep.."

Little y/n gripped on moonlight cookie's dress tighter as if moonlight was gonna leave them all alone letting more tears flow, like a waterfall. Moonlight cookie hugged the child closer, gently running her fingers through the child's hair to unknot the little troublesome knots that plagued their hair. Now that y/n has think of it, they can't remember how they met moonlight..

But all they remember is that she's been visiting them every time they had a bad dream, no matter how small it was. Moonlight was always ready to comfort the frail child, "y/n." You pulled away and looked up from moonlight's chest to her face, her pretty dress now stained with familiar tears, "are you ready to go back to sleep?"

Little y/n was uncertain..they wanted moonlight to stay but at the same time, they didn't wanna burden her..moonlight in some way sensed this and merely pulled the child down back to bed in her arms, cuddling the small being. "You're not bothering me at all little y/n.." y/n shuffled so their back wasn't facing her and cuddled their mother figure back with their smaller and petite arms.

"GoodNight little y/n, my little star."

SORRY THIS WAS SHORT I ALSO FINISHED THE SEA FAIRY DRAWING