Chapter Twelve

Meals seemed a bit more dreary now that Bianca no longer had a man staring at her from across the table, like Kade had on Saturday night, or one purposefully dropping his napkin, so her could bend down and drag his hand across her leg on the way up, like he had earlier that day.

But it wasn't just the sensual things that made eating dinner more dreary, but the smile that bared his soul, and the laughter that warmed her heart that Bianca was already missing.

"So, do you think you'll be taking Matt up on his offer?" Her mom asked from her chair at the head of the table.

Bianca forced a casual shrug. "I'm considering it now more than I was before. It's a big change, though."

"Change isn't a bad thing, kiddo," her dad chimed in. "As much as I love having you back home, it isn't going to help you get a fresh start. I've been worried about you these last six months. We both have. You've been in a funk, which is understandable. But when you walked through that door earlier, you were smiling, and it was nice to see after all this time. It's a big change, but I think it might just be the change you need."

Her mother snorted as she stabbed her fork into a piece of pot roast. "Please. She's smiling because she was finally able to meet Kara's dad."

Her dad sighed out an 'ahh'. "I thought that smile looked familiar. Your mom gets one of those every time we're in the same room with the guy. I thought she was going to grab his ass when they danced together at the wedding. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen her blush that hard since she met Bon Jovi. I try not to take it too personally."

"So, what did you think of Kade?" Her mom asked, brushing off her dad's comment. "Not what you expected, right?"

"Not at all," Bianca confessed. "He's really sweet, and so in touch and at ease with himself."

"I have something he could ease," her mom quipped, not as quietly as she seemed to intend.

"Jackie!"

"If I wasn't happily married to the love of my life," she corrected.

It was only a small comfort knowing her mom probably wouldn't blame her for falling under Kade Calloway's spell. After all, her mom was a hopeless romantic, and fell under that same spell a time or two herself, it would seem. Her father would likely be pissed, but he was protective of her. He always had been. Still, he wanted what was best for his only daughter, and Bianca liked to think that over time, he'd come around.

The bigger issue was Matt, and rightly so. Her parents wouldn't have to bear witness to it often, given they'd be living an hour away. But Kade was her brother's family, who only lived two blocks away. Once the truth came out, there was no hiding or denying it. It would be right in front of him.

There was never competition between Bianca and her brother. They'd faced so many of life's milestones together, been one another's rock for so many years. There was bickering, but never true hostility. The worst it'd ever gotten between the two of them was Saturday night.

That fight was a fraction of a preview of things to come once her dark secret came out into the light.

Matt, being her best friend in life, should have been reason enough to walk away from the path she wasn't sure even led anywhere. He was right. Kade was so much older than her. They were in such different stages of life. Falling for him harder would cause pain to her favorite person in the world.

So many reasons why she shouldn't. Only a sliver of reasons why she should. But as much as Bianca was ready to convince herself otherwise, this wasn't about 'should' or 'shouldn't'. This was about need.

*******************

Bianca told her parents she was exhausted after a long weekend and retreated to her bedroom when it was only eight o'clock. The sun was only halfway through the process of setting, so it wasn't complete darkness in her bedroom, but dark enough where she wouldn't feel quite so exposed as she lay in the bed. Taking out her phone, Bianca scrolled through until she until she found his name in her contacts. Luckily, once her brother married, she'd edited Kara's last name. It would be mortifying is Bianca accidentally messaged the wrong 'Calloway'. But this time, she wasn't sending a filthy message.

Kade picked up after the first ring. "I was wondering if I'd hear from you tonight."

Pinching her eyes closed, Bianca pushed herself through the words. "Tell me what your hands are doing to me right now."

Dirty talk the night before was a fairly new thing to her. Phone sex wasn't something she'd even slightly dabbled in.

A low chuckle rang into her ear. "My left is pinching your nipple. It's soft at first, but when my other hand comes up, and I put two of my fingers in your mouth, watching you suck on them, I pinch hard until you squeal. I take my fingers out of your mouth, and shove them into your perfect, tight cunt."

Bianca mimicked the actions, pinching at her own nipple as she wet her fingers with her tongue, then slipped those fingers into herself. It was as close as she'd get to feeling him touching her anytime soon, and she'd been desperate to feel him since the kitchen early that morning. "How fast are your fingers moving?"

"Mi cielo, I'm not wasting any time with you; can't bring myself to be slow or gentle. I haven't been able to fuck you for over twelve hours, and I'm goddamn desperate for you. I want to bring you to climax hard and fast, so I can lick you clean and give you that second orgasm you're aching for. My fingers that were pinching those beautiful pink nipples before are on your clit, pressing down on it hard, rubbing you in that way that makes you squirm for me."

Again, she mimicked. The fingers she put inside herself picked up speed, trying to feel like she knew he would. Her other hand slid down her torso until it reached her clit, then she rubbed herself. "Fuck," she groaned out.

"That's right baby. You feel me, don't you? You feel me playing with that sweet cunt of yours?"

With her eyes pinched closed, she could picture Kade. His breath heating the surrounding air, the way his hands felt, heard his voice as he urged her on in the naughtiest way. "I feel you, Kade. Only you."

"Only me, mi cielo."

Both Bianca's hands picked up speed until she felt the world around her start to spin, felt her legs tremble, and bit down on her lip to keep herself from screaming.

"Ride it out."

She slowed her hands as she came down, her hair damp with sweat as her body went limp. "I'd rather ride you."

Kade didn't laugh. Instead, there was a long pause before she heard his voice again. "Your parents' house is a one story, right?"

She forgot he'd been to this house a time or two. Maybe he'd even been in this very bedroom. "Yeah?"

"I'll be there in an hour. Knock the screen out of your window so I know which one's yours."

Well, fuck.

Once he hung up on her, Bianca switched her phone over to search and typed the two words, switching out the spelling until she got her answer.

Mi Cielo

My Heaven.