. .. . enraptured . .. .

.. ... ..

to think y/n had been on cloud nine a little over an hour ago.

the girl was now stressed beyond belief, not knowing what to text mina. how should she start? just saying hello sounds boring and uninterested while doing something different doesn't really fit her character.

mina would have probably been so much better at this.

ah mina.

y/n jumped up, eyes wide as she realized mina might think she was blowing her off. school was over and there she was just sitting in her dorm not texting the girl of her dreams.

"what if she doesn't want me to text her?" y/n asked herself, before someone knocked on her door.

"y/n, can you help me with the english assignment? kendo is busy and i don't trust the others to actually know what we're doing." komori asked, the mushroom girl hoping the other would accept.

the door opened and to komori's surprise y/n looked sort of stressed. "um, yeah, i can help." she said side stepping so the she could come in.

"thank you, i tried going to tetsu so i wouldn't be a bother to you but he didn't even know how to introduce himself in english." she explained, walking in and sitting at the small low down table in the middle of the room.

"no problem, i don't mind helping." y/n said, sitting across from her and watching as she flipped open a packet.

helping her classmate was a brief distraction, but when komori asked to exchange phone numbers she was reminded of her predicament.

"then the last four are 7784." komori said, putting her phone down before continuing, "you can send me a quick message just to make sure we didn't miss a number."

y/n nodded, typing quickly she texted her classmate reminding her about the math assessment they'd be taking tomorrow.

komori giggled, thank her for the reminder. "i honestly forgot about it, thank you." she said, getting a nod from y/n.

"it's nothing, komori." she said, giving the other girl a weary smile causing her to laugh.

"you can call me ko, the rest of our class does." she said, seemingly nervous to ask to be called by a nickname.

"ok, if you need any more help i'd be happy to." y/n said, glancing to her phone as komori stood.

komori nodded, feeling like she needed to help she stopped at the door and hesitated before speaking, "are you scared to text, mina?" she asked.

y/n looked at her and komori grew nervous, her inner child telling her she'd overstepped.

"i just, don't know what to say." y/n pushed herself, she wanted to make friends with this girl who had been nothing but nice to her since they'd met. "i think i've taken too long."

"trust me, y/n. texting her know is better than ignoring her, she's probably beating herself up just like you are." ko said, getting a confused y/n to tilt her head.

"why would she beat herself up?" she asked.

"for being forward or too bold? i think she look really cool asking for your number but she might think you were weirded out." she said, watching y/n nod before sighing out a small smile.

"thank you, ko." she said, getting the other girl to smile as well.

"i'll text you later, see you at dinner." komori said, before leaving, stopping outside the door to squeal internally, "i made a new friend!" she whispered to herself, walking down the hallway with a bounce in her step.

back to y/n, she was scooted over with her back against her bed frame. she was comforted by what komori had said, the shy smile still on her lips as she gave herself a pep talk.

eventually she gathered enough confidence, typing slowly so she didn't make any mistakes she wrote out a hello before apologizing for taking so long to text.

looking it over for mistakes again before pressing send and watching as the writing under the bubble changed from 'delivered' to 'read' in a letter of seconds.

her heart was beating out of her chest, she was starting to work up more of a sweat now than when she works out.

mina :)
hey! it's no problem, i'm happy you texted

the smile that fell on y/n's face felt like a cloud. her whole body relaxed as she let out a held breath and laughed quietly at herself.

she'd just texted the girl of her dreams, and was once again on cloud nine.

. .. .

the next morning was slightly nerve wracking.

y/n couldn't help herself as she fixed every wrinkle in her shirt, making sure her skirt was folded correctly and that her tie wasn't too loose but at the same time not too tight.

it's a hassle falling for someone.

constantly thinking of what they might think about what you look like or how you're acting. if they feel the same way or if they even swing your way in terms of sexuality.

it's all too much when all you really want is to live peacefully with someone who completes you.

"hey, y/n, wanna walk to class together?" kendo asked, popping y/n's little bubble and causing the girl to scramble her things together.

"yeah, sure." she tried to act cool, not wanting to embarrass herself in front of a potential friend.

kendo side eyed y/n as they walked, a smirk playing on her lips. she was proud, it'd taken some time but y/n was warming up to the class, not only that but she was branching out to other people herself.

she looked around, trying to act nonchalant, "i'm guessing you and mina texted last night?" she said, seeing y/n glance at her like a shy kid.

"yeah, only a little." she said back, trying to shrug it off and make it seem like it wasn't a big deal.

"good on you, kid. i can tell you wanna talk to her more though, so if you need any help i'll be happy to set you both up." she teased, throwing an arm around her friends shoulder as she laughed. "you're cute together."

.. ... ..

a/n: happy holiday loves