A Day For Us

(Spinel x Fem!Reader, I may have used this as my midterm too)

    The morning was crisp, sunlight seeping onto our faces through the window. I didn’t want to get up, grabbing onto the person next to me. She was still sleeping, her gentle breathing right by my ear. It was almost enough to lull me back to sleep, but the sun stirred her awake too.
    ”Curse that stupid window” I think to myself, letting go of my partner as she sits up. If only I could hold on a bit longer. 
    “Mornin’ toots” She said with a yawn and a stretch. I sat up soon after, having a yawn of my own. 
    “Morning Spinny” I reply, getting out of bed for some water. The water was oddly refreshing after a long night’s sleep. Spinel and I had just moved in together, and it felt like utter bliss. 
    As I was gone, Spinel seemed to make her way to the kitchen, she taught herself some cooking just for me. I found it sweet, even if she only knows a few breakfast foods. I could hear the stirring of pancake batter all the way from the bathroom. She wasn’t a very quiet cook, that was for sure.
    I make my way to the kitchen, having the scent of sweet chocolate waft through the air. Spinel was making chocolate chip pancakes, she knew those were my favorite. I gently wrap my arms around her waist, placing my head on her back. She was quite a bit taller than I was. Spinel let out a small hum, flipping the pancake over. It felt so nice to hold her.
    After a while, she had finished the pancakes. I ate mine with a smile, they were the best things I’ve ever tasted. 
    “Like ‘em?” She asked, but the answer was obvious to her as well. After I had finished mine, I flopped onto the couch we had. It was just big enough for me to do so. Spinel managed to wedge herself behind me, legs dangling off the couch as she held me close. The couch may be cramped now, but neither of us care.
    “Wanna watch a movie?” I ask, but my only response was her cuddling into my neck. She was still tired it seemed, but I didn’t mind at all. A morning nap wasn’t a bad idea to me. I closed my eyes, and let the world fade to black once more.

    Fire surrounded me, I couldn’t breathe from the smoke. I grasped and clawed at my throat, falling down to my knees as tears formed from the ash. I tried to get any form of air, but only got coughing fits. Looking up, I saw a figure walking towards me out of the smoke. I couldn’t see their face, hidden behind a clay mask of red and white. They had a wooden spear, I couldn’t take my eyes off it.
    “What are we? Humans? Or animals? Or savages?” They spoke, voice striking fear in my very heart. They sounded like a child, yet had a savage sense of anger. I try to crawl back, but my limbs don’t cooperate with me. I felt like a wounded animal, running from the predator. Looking down at my hands, they were dark and had claws. My side was bleeding from a gash, I didn’t know where it came from. I looked like nothing but a beast.
    “Pathetic…” They spat the word like venom. Anger bubbled up inside me, words that weren’t wanted flew out of my mouth. I didn’t have control over my own body anymore.
    “Fancy thinking the Beast was something you could hunt and kill! You knew, didn’t you? I’m part of you? Close, close, close! I’m the reason why it’s no go? Why things are what they are?” I shout, yet they only look down at me with disgust. In the blink of an eye, I was surrounded by other masked figures. They barely looked human with their masks of clay and screaming. They chanted for my death.
    “Kill the pig! Cut her throat! Bash her in!” They shouted savagely, some bursting into manic laughter. The boy, no, savage raised his spear at me. Bringing it down with all the force he could. Yet I never felt the impact.

    “[Y/N]? [Y/N]! Wake up!” I heard Spinel, who was shaking me awake. She looked worried. I gently touched my face, I was crying. It was just a dream, but it felt so real.
    “Are you okay? You started whimpering in your sleep and…” She trails off, I grab her hand to catch her attention. 
    “I’m fine, I just had a nightmare is all. It felt all too real…” I was still shaken by the dream, that was obvious.
    “Honey, I’ll always be right by your side to protect you” 
    I let out a small, shaky sigh before being pulled into a gentle embrace. It was warm, and I never wanted it to end. It lasted for a while, letting the stress of the dream slowly drift away. Yet eventually it had to end. If only the world weren’t such a cruel place. Was it as cruel as I thought though?
    I stared into her eyes as she looked into mine, I could get lost in them. Spinel pulled me closer, until our faces were almost touching. Then, just a bit closer. It was the first time anybody had kissed me. The world seemed to fade out of focus, all I cared about was her. I pulled my body in close, letting the kiss last for as long as possible.
    Eventually, I needed air. I pulled away with a small gasp, stunned that we actually had kissed. My thoughts were quickly interrupted when she spoke again.
    “Feel any better doll?”
    “Yea… a bit” I reply, as the dream seeps back into my mind.
    “Alright, tell me what the dream was honey” 
    “Okay, so…” I started to recite the dream, watching as her face dropped lower and lower when she heard about its contents. She heard all about the fear I had felt, the savages, and their leader. 
    “And… all I wanted was for you to come and save me… but you never came” I admitted the feelings, every last one of them. 
    “I’m just so scared that you’ll do what she did… that you’ll abandon me” Tears had started to swell and fall, she used her thumb to wipe them away as she held my face. I was so afraid that she’d be angry at me. That she’d yell at me, and abandon me like the others did. Yet I was pulled into another kiss.
    The kiss was softer, and shorter too. It didn’t matter to me though. It was special to me, somebody actually cared about me. Spinel pulled away first, bringing me back into a hug.
    “Doll, I would never abandon you, not in six thousand years. I love you with all my heart and more, just know that for me okay?” 
    “I know I know, it's just scary thinking about it…” I reply, giving a weak smile. 
    “Yea, life without me would be horrible wouldn’t it?” Spinel teases, earning a laugh from me. I gently push her, to which she pushes back. Making me fall off the couch and onto my rear. She snickers and leaves me there, I burst into a small fit of laughter myself. She eventually helps me up.
    “God, I love you so much Spinny” Pulling her into a tight embrace, it was heavenly.
    “I love you too [Y/N]” She spoke while hugging me back, only letting out a small squeak from how hard I hugged her. I quickly let go, yet she assures me she’s fine.
    “Now, how about that movie?” She starts thinking for a bit, she never really watched movies before. She preferred cartoons to one off stories.
    “Oh! How about Lord of the Flies? I heard it's really good?” It was pretty clear to me that she didn’t actually know anything about the movie. 
    “No thanks” I shiver at the thought of seeing my dream reenacted. 
    “Alright, how about the movie I debut in?”
    “Absolutely” I answer with a smile, getting up to place the CD in the player. As the opening theme plays, I snuggle up close to Spinel.