"My dad said I don't have to wash them."

"...Right."

The third which was dark long trousers (which she picked out) was what he had on and Nami guessed that he can at least wear those to upcoming dinners.  All should be well. 

On close inspection, Luffy packed only half of the things they bought but his selections were some of her favourite pieces so she forgave him. 

"Good job."

Luffy grinned proud of his ingenious packing skills.

"And shoes?"

She wondered if he had them under the many snacks but boy was she wrong. 

"They're on my feet."

Luffy toes wiggled in his rope sandals.  He wore those bad boys everywhere.  Nami decided that those too were okay. 

Luffy had questions of his own.  More important ones. 

"Did you pack snacks?"

Luffy eyed both suitcases in hunger.  His expectations, however, were a tad too high. 

"Yup.  In my carry-on."

Nami presented her backpack full of granola bars and beef jerky-  Luffy's favourite.  She took one and handed it to him which was graciously accepted. 

"In these," Nami patted both 360° wheeled cases with pride.  "... contain 20 changes of clothing, 6 pairs of shoes, jewellery, books and- wanna see?"

At once, Luffy turned down her invitation and Nami rolled her eyes and took a bite of his offered beef jerky.  She watched him take another bite after her and she felt super proud of herself for her lack of hesitation and the lack of heat that had the pesky habit of settling in her cheeks. 

"You're so boring, Luffy..." Nami muttered and teased but Luffy thought nothing much of it.  She really needed to upgrade her arsenal of insults. 

Nami tried again.

"Baka," she said in a quiet voice and cringed at her originality. 

She met his eyes as he crumpled the wrapper and pushed it in his pocket. 

Nami blinked.

"Ne..." he said, "Aren't you cold?"

She donned a crop top and baggy pants.  Didn't know much about airport fashion but the quick internet search she made stated that she had to at least be comfortable. 

"Only a little.".

"You've never been to an airport before and although it isn't so bad at first, it gets super cold on the plane."

"Does it?"

"Yeah."

Nami left out the part she forgot her only jacket in her mum's backseat.  She only remembered when Luffy brought it up. 

"I'll lend you mine."

Nami perked up.  If she had a tail, it would be wagging uncontrollably. 

"You sure?"

"Mm."

The jacket was long-off and held out for her to dive in. 

"If you insist."

Nami turned and filled her arms in the sleeves and turned around so Luffy could fit it well on her shoulders and zip it all the way up.  His lingering warmth did wonders.  No longer could the cold tease her of her carelessness.  Luffy had her covered.