"Could you walk?" he asked.

"Yeah..." Khushi walked slowly.

In the meanwhile,

Arnav called Khushi to know whether she started from the HOME or not. The phone got attended on the other side.

"Hello, Khushi"

"Hello..."

Arnav frowned hearing someone's voice.

"Who is this? Where is Khushi? Hasn't she started from Home yet?" Arnav asked.

"Sir, do you know the girl who is the owner of the phone?"

"Yeah...I know her"

"Sir, someone cut her hand with a knife"

"Whaaaaat? Cut her hand?" he shouted in shock.

"Yes, sir... someone took her to the hospital"

Taking his car key, Arnav rushed out of the office while talking on the phone.

"Say it clearly, CUT means what?" he asked horrified.

"her upper arm got injured, Sir"

"Just injured, right?" he asked nervously.

"Yes, sir"

"Thank God... Who cut her hand?"

"don't know sir"

"Who took her to the hospital?"

"Don't know sir"

Arnav rolled his eyes.

"How did you get her phone?"

"She missed it when she saved the man"

"Whom she saved?"

"Don't know sir"

"Where are you now?"

"Lal Bahadur Shastri Road, Sir"

"Wait... I will be there in ten minutes" Arnav disconnected the call and geared the car up.

When Arnav reached the place, he saw police investigating. He called Khushi's number and the same man attended the call.

"I came and standing near my car, under the SAVE TREES board," Arnav said.

"Sir, I'm standing with the inspector," The man said waving his hand at Arnav.

Arnav went to him and he handed the phone to Arnav.

"Sir, I'm Arnav Singh Raizada it's my wife who was injured. I don't know where is she..." Arnav asked restlessly.

"We are investigating about it, sir. We will let you know if we get to know anything about her"

Arnav ran his fingers in his hair.

RM

Raizadas were sitting in the living room. They were dumbfounded, seeing Khushi coming with Shyam. They got panicked seeing her wounded hand. They couldn't come to the conclusion about the current situation. Lavanya rushed to her.

"What happened Khushi?" she asked nervously.

"Nothing... it's just an accident" Khushi said.

"Accident?" Anjali asked.

"No... she got injured when she saved me," Shyam said.

"Saved you? What do you mean?" Anjali asked perplexed.

"Someone tried to attack me... Khushi tried to stop him. He flung the knife on her..." Shyam said with repentance.

Raizadas were bewildered. Khushi saved Shyam?

...........

Arnav was waiting for the investigation to get complete. He was restless as he could not get anything about Khushi. That's when his phone rang. he saw Anjali's number flashing. He attended it.

"Di, I will call you later..." he was about to cut the call,

"Chotte, Khushiji came home"

"What...? Did Khushi come home?"

"Yes..."

"I'm coming... " He disconnected the call and jumped into the car.

"Chotte..." Anjali sighed.

RM

Arnav came to RM and didn't find anyone in the living room. He knew everyone would be in his room. He galloped towards his room and saw Khushi lying down on the bed. Raizadas were sitting around her. Khushi jerked hearing,

"What the hell... "

She looked at Arnav who was standing wrathfully.

"What do you think of yourself? Are you action heroin or what? Who the hell asked you to poke your damn nose into someone's matter? Can't you mind your own business?" he shouted.

Khushi looked at Anjali gulping down.

"Chotte... she saved none other than Shyamji..." Anjali said hesitatingly.

Arnav was taken back. He rolled his eyes.

"So what? So whaaaaat? He knew to save himself. He could bear the pain... but you? What if the wound is deep? What if something has happened to you?" he shouted again and Khushi was bewildered.

That's when they heard,

"Sale Sahib is right"

Arnav looked behind only to find Shyam.

"You would not have risked your life, Khushiji... you could have alerted me simply..." Shyam asked.

Khushi was silent.

"Both of you please stop it... she was already weak and you guys are troubling her more" Anjali chided.

"Let her take rest... let's go," Nani said.

Raizadas left the room. Closing the door, Arnav came to Khushi and sat facing her.

"Why did you do this Khushi? What's necessary to put your life at risk? What if the knife touched your heart?"

"So what Arnavji? So what if something has happened to me? I would have died happily with the satisfaction of saving your family's happiness... who cares for me if I die? But, Shyam Bhai has a family..."

Arnav gritted his teeth.

"Really...? Don't you have anyone to care for you...???? Don't you have me...???? Won't you consider me as yours...??? What will I do if something would have happened to you? you are my family damn it... " Arnav shouted furiously making Khushi speechless.

To be continued...