04

december 24th
8:38am

julia woke up to the sun shining on her soft face. she yawned and stepped out of bed, making her way straight downstairs.

"merry christmas eve papa!" julia said, giving her dad a hug from behind the couch.

her dad was sat on the gray couch, a paper in his hands and a steaming coffee sat on the table.

"goodmorning belle. you have work today?" he asked setting the newspaper down.

"yep. my last day then i'm off until the... 5th i do believe" she says taking a seat next to her dad.

"whatcha reading?" she asks grabbing the newspaper from him.

"just the recent obituaries. you know the man who owns the small convenience store on the corner?"

"mhm" julia nods.

"she passed away last night"

"that's horrible!" julia pouted.

"if you see his daughter today, give her your condolences"

"of course!"

"anyways i was gonna go grab some breakfast, wanna go to the café flora works at? we could grab something to eat then i'll walk you to work?" he asks.

"yea i'll go get changed" she smiled walking back to her room.

she quickly showered than threw her hair into two small low buns. she got dressed into black tights, a black dress with a black cardigan on.

it was christmas eve, normally a busy day for retail workers. she wasn't looking forward to today. but she was looking forward to her breakfast date with her dad.

she got her bag ready and made her way down the stairs and slipped in her doc martens.

"ready to go?" she called out.

"yep" her dad said pulling on his boots.

they chatted as they made their way to the café. once they got there they sat at a small table at the window and ordered a coffee each.

"here you go" flora smiled setting down the two coffee cups.

"thanks sweetheart" julia's dad said smiling.

"can i get you guys anything to eat?" she asks giving julia a hug.

"i'd love a pain au chocolate!" her dad smiles.

"cinnamon roll?" flora asks julia.

"you know it!"

"i'll be back with them in a couple minutes!" flora says making her way to counter.

"any new books come in at the store?" her dad asks taking a sip of his coffee.

"yes actually! we got some virginia woolf books! i want to read 'jacob's room'. i've heard it's really good because it's in the perspective of women that he knows, so it's a character study, shown by the effects he takes on other characters. it sounds really interesting" she finishes.