The Tale of The Terrible Father

Start from the beginning

"How did you come to find out when Louise was not responsible for what she was accused of at the time?" Elder Reece interjected. 

"When Leanne's child was kidnapped and killed." My father states bluntly. 

"You were Beta at the time of these Rumours is that correct?" Elder Robert continued his line of questioning. 

"Yes I was. My wife was also Beta Female at the time." He nods his head. 

"Did you ever investigate the rumours surrounding your daughter Louise?" Elder Robert asked. 

"No we did not." My father whispers. 

"Why?" Elder Robert spits out. 

My father inhales deeply. "We were scared that if we started an investigation into our daughter she would have been banished from the pack for her actions. We also found her room to be smelling of sex and unknown and unmated male wolfs. We believed that was evidence enough to believe that the rumours surrounding our daughter was true." 

"Interesting. Did you ever speak to Louise about the allegations against her name?" Elder Reece questions. 

"No we never questioned her. We judged before getting her side of the story." He sighs out. 

"Did Louise ever deny the allegations?" Elder Robert continues. 

My father's eyes shift to my mother who lets out a loud sob that echos through the room. He takes a deep breath and I hear his voice start to crack. "She did." Elder Robert gestured with his hand for him to continue speaking. "She denied the allegations whenever we spoke or accused us. We never gave her any opportunity to elaborate with her side of the story. Before she left there was a big argument between me, my wife and Louise. Louise explained that her sister had been using her identity and had been having sex in her room to get away with her bad behaviour. By this point we thought that she was lying, nothing she could have said would have changed our minds. Louise explained that she had never once associated with any rouge and that it was her sister who was involved."

"What happened then?" Elder Reece stated. 

I saw my father winced uncomfortably in his chair. I knew he didn't want to share what happened next. The memory was still sharp in my mind at how cruel my mother had been and how my father stood by idly and did nothing. He looked up to Elder Reece as if he was begging him with his eyes for him not to share the truth of what happened the night when I was rejected by Jacob and left the pack. 

"She explained that Leanne was stealing her mate, that she had been impregnated by a wolf who was not her true mate. We didn't believe her, we thought she was trying to ruin her sister like she was. My wife-" He sobbed out in the room. I turned my head and refused to look in his direction. 

"Your wife what Mr White?" Elder Reece stated in a clipped tone. 

"My wife dragged Louise by her hair into our family room and whipped her with a belt that was laced in wolfsbane." He whispered out. 

The room broke out in gasps, I could see and hear some women crying at the cruelty of my parents. The pain that I could feel was unfathomable. I felt Benji's grip tighten on my hand. I couldn't help the tears that were pouring down my face. I had never repeated what had aspired that night, my heart hurt whenever I thought about that night. 

My mother whipped me continuously, her cold and hard gaze fell on me. She held no shame for what she had done. My father stood by with his arms folded, not speaking a word as he watched my mother abuse me. Then there was my sister who was stood in the corner smirking at my pain, it was that night that she realised that she had won in destroying my life. She had taken everything away from me, my parents love and respect, even my mate. She was living the life that was destined for me. 

"My daughter disappeared after that, she never showed her face. I went eight years without seeing the child that I had raised. I didn't realise what I had lost until it was too late. I only realised my mistakes, - no my sins when Leanne had lost her child. It was then that she revealed the truth. I don't even think Leanne meant to reveal the truth." He hung his head in shame. 

"Was this the reason you retired as Beta?" Elder Robert sighed out. I could tell he already knew the answer, but he was unwilling to make any assumptions. 

"Yes. After Leanne's secrets were revealed I had made the decision that I was not worthy or suitable to be Beta for I couldn't see the deception that was in front of my eyes. I condemned my own daughter without an investigation. Me and my wife saw ourselves as judge, jury and executioner. I passed on my resignation immediately. My wife and child Leanne took on the role of Omegas to atone for our sins" My father explained. 

"Very well." Elder Reece said with pursed lips. I could see the disappointment that lingered in his gaze as he looked at the pathetic man that sat in front of him. "Do you have anything you want to add to your statement?"

"I am truly sorry for the sins I have committed against my daughter Louise. I am a terrible father and I didn't deserve a child who was so self-less. I am ashamed to say that I had no part in raising her and will forever repent my poor decisions, not just as a Beta but most importantly as a father." He finishes. 

Elder Robert gives him a tight nod and gestures for him to get up and return to his seat. It's then that the next announcement made that sends cold shivers down my spine. 

"Margaret White, Retired Beta Female, mother of Louise and Leanne White would you please step forward to provide your statement?"