13

The quin jet landed and Jemma pushed the stretcher with Melinda on it towards the infirmary

The quin jet landed and Jemma pushed the stretcher with Melinda on it towards the infirmary. Spencer and Leopold followed her if she needed help as the team walked into the base to see Penelope, Jack, and Henry. Both little boys smiled to see their parents and ran to them. "Daddy!" Jack yelled in glee. Henry yells, "Mommy!" Henry and Jack ran to their parent and hugged them as JJ smiled and hugged her son, as Aaron hugged and sighed in relief seeing his. Penelope saw the team and hugged Derek before looking at the direction Jemma, Leopold, and Spencer went. "How is she?" Penelope whispers about Melinda. He whispered back, "Not good. She was shot multiple times and way worse." Penelope frowned at the thought of Melinda injured and Derek wrapped an arm around her, as they walked inside the base. They watched as Jack and Henry pulled away from their parents and looked at them. "What happened to Ms. May?" Henry asked as Jack asks, "Is she ok?" David knelt down a little to look at the both of them, "May will be fine. Once she is taken care of, I'm sure she'll want a big old hug from you two." The two boys smiled at that idea and the adults smiled at that. Phil looked at his team with a relaxed smile as they have nothing left to do, "I think everyone deserves a break, so do whatever until we know about May." Derek smiled and wrapped his arms around Penelope and Daisy. Penelope was used to it, but Daisy blushed slightly. Everyone split up in their ways as Jack went with JJ and Henry. Aaron, however, couldn't take a break as he was too worried about Melinda. Yoyo saw that and walked over to him, "Hey!" Aaron turned and saw her before nodding at her. They've never really spoken to each other before, so he was a little confused. She walked over to him and smiled at him before sitting down next to him. "May will be alright. I may not have known her as long as Coulson, Daisy, or Fitzsimmons, but I do know that she will be fine. When you and she got close, it was one of the best things any of us saw. May has never shown as many emotions until you and your team got here. What's funny is, she also doesn't talk a lot either. You brought that out of her. Don't break that." Yoyo rants as Aaron took her words in and found what she meant by them. He was going to apologize to her about everything as soon as he could. "I already did, but I'll do my best." Aaron tells her. Yoyo smiled and pat his arm before she turned and saw Mack standing there waiting and listening. She walked over to him, and he wrapped an arm around her. They walked away, leaving Aaron alone. He sighed and sat down on one of the seats against the wall before Spencer walked out with a file. He saw his boss and walked over and Aaron looked up at him hearing the footsteps. Spencer sat down next to him knowing he will like what Jemma told him to give to him. "Here. Jemma told me to give this to you." Spencer tells him as he held out a file to his boss and Aaron looked at it skeptically before taking it. He opened it and saw that it was the injuries Melinda suffered during the hostage situation. "Jemma thought that it would be best that you were the first to know." Spencer tells him and Aaron looked at him curiously, "How is she?" Spencer smiled and fiddled with his thumbs, "She'll be fine. Jemma is finishing up her surgery, and Agent May will be unconscious for a little bit longer." Aaron nodded saying he was listening and closed the file and handed it back to Spencer. He took it back and held it against his chest. "So, you and Simmons? How's that going?" Aaron asks trying to change the subject. Spencer smile at the new topic, "Good. She is different compared to the girls I've met." Aaron looked at him with curiosity and interest, "How was the date? Melinda said you guys went on a date before she and I got exploded." Spencer smiled as he remembered the whole date from start to finish, "Well, it went great. The art gallery was amazing. I think you guys would like it. They had some of these amazing paintings from Roman and Renaissance times. It was amazing!" Aaron smiled listening to the genius ramble as he knew that Jemma had brought out a more confident side to him. He wants to protect her and never wants her hurt, which is difficult with what they do. "Did you know that Agent May gave us the idea?" Spencer asks. Aaron wiggled his hand, "I remember a little bit. Where'd she come up with it?" Spencer began to explain how Melinda had come up with the idea, "When she was going after Daniel, he had a ticket to the art gallery in his pocket. She found it and gave it to Jemma. Rest is history." Aaron smiled at how happy the genius was and suggested something to him, "You should go on another date. Spend more time together. Your first date together was ruined because of Adam blowing up the B.U.S." Spencer smiled in agreement and stood up, "You're right. I'll wait until Agent May can take care of herself to ask." He was excited to do that and hoped this one wouldn't be interrupted. He then changed the subject wanting to know his boss's opinion, "So what do you think of Daisy and Morgan getting together?" Aaron let out a chuckle and smirked, "I think the world will end." Spencer chuckled at that as Jemma ran out with Leopold. The stoic men stood up as the two men faced the twins. "Did you read it?" Jemma asked Aaron and he nodded, "I did." Jemma nodded, "She should wake up in an hour or two. If you want, you can-" Jemma was cut off by Aaron already walking away. She huffed and looked at her brother and boyfriend. "He didn't let me finish!" The two men chuckled at that but knew why Aaron walked away. Jemma walked over to Spencer and hugged him. He placed his arms around her waist and placed his head on top of hers as Leopold winked at Spencer and walked away. "Hey. I was thinking, after Agent May is taken care of, do you want to go on another date?" Spencer asks as Jemma pulled away, so she was hugging his torso. He looked down at her, as she stared into his eyes, "I would love to. Anything specific?" Spencer smirked down at her before responding, "It'll be a surprise. I'll have one of the girls get you ready." Jemma nodded in understanding on how it's going to be. She then went back to thinking about Aaron and Melinda and their relationship. "How long do you think it will take for May and Hotch to be together?" Jemma looked at her boyfriend. Spencer began to ramble which made Jemma happy because that is one of the things she loves about him, "Well, they aren't as open about their feelings towards each other, but I think they could be good together. With us, we knew how we were feeling and we showed it. With them, I think it will take a long time." Jemma nodded in agreement and then began to coo at how Melinda is with the kids, "That's true. Besides, isn't it cute, seeing May with Jack and Henry?" Spencer nodded "It is. She's like Jack's mom and Henry's aunt." Jemma nodded before beginning to grip onto his hand, "C'mon. Let's go hang out with the others." Jemma pulls out of the hug but grabs his hand and leads him down the halls towards the rest. All Spencer could think about is how happy he was to be a part of SHIELD.