"I was just finishing up a summoning, sit wherever,  besides the bed" I told Paris offhandedly, gesturing to my room with the knife in my hand. I observed the glint of the knife, keeping myself occupied as I refused to look at Paris.

I had just finished summoning dinner for Beastly, and was planning on cleaning up properly before I had to meet up with him, but Paris decided to disrupt all my plans. Now he saw me covered in blood and demon guts, with my hair in an atrocious, frizzy mess and dirty, baggy clothing clinging to my skin. I looked a wreck.

It was expected, seeing that my demon turned out much bigger than anticipated, and decapitating it's clawed hands and feet was a hassle. I had been going for another Umbra demon, but a Cockatrice appeared in its stead. Old English had always been my weakest dead language. I vowed to stick to Latin, Sanskrit and Old Norse from now on, thanks to the giant rooster-lizard monstrosity that tried scratching my face off, flapping its wings and screaming bloody murder for half an hour. My entire room was covered in feathers from our fight.

"Don't touch anything" I shouted out to Paris as I sauntered into my bathroom, using the private the room to summon a quick scrounging charm. When my bathroom was smothered in the scent of winter smoke and cypress, I peeled off my freshly cleaned clothing, dropping them into my laundry hamper.

My white, cotton shorts and a tank top revealed themselves from underneath my outer wear. I pulled my hair up into a high pony tail, before taking the pony tail down again, and then redoing it once more. I pulled out a few silver strands, just so I wouldn't look bald. It was quite difficult actually, when your hair was so pale that it nearly blended into your pasty skin tone. I wished my skin would retain some color, so I could be tan and sun kissed and glowwy. Instead, I got intense heat strokes and sunburn if I stayed out in the sun for more than five seconds.

With a dissatisfied huff, I slammed shut my cabinet door, yanking down my pony tail again. My shadows materialized on my shoulders, painting goosebumps on bare skin.

'Sir Beastly has escaped his enclosure' they whispered to me, and my stomach dropped. A sickening cool washed over me, overwhelmingly fast and making me lightheaded.

I didn't reply, instantly slamming open the door of my bathroom, nearly ripping the heavy thing off of its hinges. I had fed Beastly only moments prior, so if he ate Paris, it would be for sport, not out of hunger. My breath was short as I scanned the room, mentally preparing myself for the absolute worst. Blood, screams, snapping teeth. What greeted me was definitely not that. Paris looked up, and I was shocked by the sight in front of me. What the Hell was going on?

Paris was sitting calmly on the floor with Beastly at his feet. Well, to be precise, Sir Beastly was gnawing at Paris' feet. Quite literally. His mouth was clamped around Paris calf. My eyes trailed upwards as I also spotted my skincare headband on Paris' head. His golden curls were brushed up, revealing his tan forehead.

"Whats going on?" I demanded. Beastly wouldn't eat him, having been fed only moments before. I hoped, atleast, that he wouldn't eat him, but considering that he had Paris' limb in his mouth, I assumed it was a little bit too late for that. I prayed to Nyx that my ring retained enough of my magical DNA to overpower Paris' presence.

"I think Beastly and I are playing" Paris beamed up at me, a wide smile growing on his face. Two dimples appeared at the corners of his mouth.

"He's got your leg in his mouth" I pointed out. Beastly continued chewing, but there was no sight of blood. So maybe he was actually playing? He played with me like that all the time, but he usually preferred to chew on my hands. Quite painfully actually, seeing as his gentle play was still too rough for my sensitive skin.