More soldiers smashed through the window.

Bucky dealt with the first man, and Y/n was about to get the other when the carpet was pulled out from under his feet. With a good hit to the head, she knocked the soldier out.

A man came through the door. Captain America took his gun, but before he could disable the soldier, Bucky kicked him through the glass.

"Buck, stop!" Steve tried to grab him. "You're gonna kill someone."

Bucky turned in his grip and threw him to the floor. His metal hand went through the floor beside Steve's head. "I'm not gonna kill anyone." He pulled his bag out from its hiding spot and turned to his wife.

More men came through the window. Y/n tackled one aiming at Bucky.

Using the Captain and his shield as a battering ram, Bucky took out another soldier, tossing them both out the window. He quickly threw another through the bathroom door.

Y/n heard shots at the door and glanced around the room. They couldn't tell how many were waiting outside, and being in the open invited snipers from every angle. They'd have to go through the stairwell.

She pulled the table away, and Bucky marched forth, punching through the wall and knocking out one of the soldiers.

There were less than ten men outside the door, several already unconscious when the door surprisingly crashed into them with superhuman force.

The couple fought through the men, using their own weapons against them. More came up the stairs, and one even went through the skylight, though he was quickly disposed of.

Grabbing Y/n, Bucky jumped, using the man swinging from the skylight to rappel down a floor. They were immediately engaged in battle once more.

The captain rejoined the fight, scolding Bucky as he saved a man from falling to his death.

"Shit," Y/n cursed as a bullet passed through her arm. "I'm fine," she said as she noticed Bucky's worried gaze. "You were right. You need to go—don't worry about me; I'll find you when this is over."

Taking advantage of the slight pause, Bucky placed a quick kiss on Y/n's lips. "M." They had discussed where they would go if they had to run. 'M' meant Moldova. "Are you sure?"

She pushed him away. "Go, now!"

The click of a gun loading alerted them both to a soldier just above them. Before he could shoot, his gun was smashed to pieces by Steve's shield.

The two men shared a look before Bucky jumped down the stairwell, falling several flights before using his metal arm to catch himself on a railing. He pulled himself up, ran through one of the apartments, and jumped to the next building's roof.

Steve quickly pulled his shield from the wall and ran down the stairs. The German soldiers let him pass, unaware that he had caused some of the destruction to their comrades.

Y/n wasn't as lucky. New soldiers stopped entering the building, going after their intended target, but the remaining ones shot at her. One nearly shot her point blank, but she took his gun and shot his foot instead.

As she neared the lowest floors, she decided to leave out the back. She ran to the fire escape and jumped down three stories, landing with a roll.

She spotted the captain jump down into the underground road and followed him.

Steve was fast, but Dr. Zola's serum had worked just as well, making her speed equal to his.

They dodged cars, jumping over a few of the slower ones. Ahead, she could see two more bodies; one had to be her husband, but she had no idea who the other was.

When Steve jumped in front of a police vehicle, taking control of it to catch up with Bucky, Y/n jumped on top.

He didn't try to shake her off, but when a man in a black suit with cat ears jumped on the back, he began to swerve. She held on as long as she could, but she didn't have cat claws to dig into the metal, and when Steve started to run into other cars, Y/n was thrown to the ground.

She narrowly missed a car but rolled to her feet and kept running.

A man with wings flew past her, and up ahead, a small bomb went off. By the time Y/n reached Bucky, Steve, and the two others she didn't know, they were surrounded by police. She hurried to her husband's side and helped him from the ground, checking for injuries while she did.

A man in a dark metal suit with a large gun mounted on his shoulder landed beside Y/n. Bucky pulled her behind him as the gun pointed at them.

"Stand down, now," the man said, and Steve put his shield on his back. "Congratulation's cap, you're a criminal.

The police quickly swarmed them, harshly pushing Bucky and Y/n to the ground as they were cuffed. The man with the cat ears removed his helmet.

"Your highness," the metal man greeted.

They only had one Super soldier containment unit, so Y/n and Bucky were separated. For some reason, the soldiers decided that she was less dangerous than Bucky—though they had the same abilities—and put her in the car with Steve and the two others she did not know.

Steve tried to question her again. "Who are you?" She remained quiet, and he huffed. "I'll find out eventually."

"I am Y/n."

He waited for more. "That's it? Why were you with Bucky? How do you know him? How are you able to keep up with us? Are you enhanced?"

She stayed silent.

"I don't think she wants to talk, Steve," the man in the back said.

They travelled in relative silence until the man in the back broke it.

"So, you like cats?" he asked the man in the front who had been wearing the cat suit.

"Sam," Steve scolded.

"What?" Sam asked. "Dude shows up dressed like a cat, and you don't wanna know more?"

"Your suit..." Steve wondered. "It's vibranium?"

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations," the man in the front said in a strong African accent. Y/n tried to place it but couldn't. "A mantle passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So I ask you, as both warrior and king, how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?"

"Bucky was with me, the day of the bombing. He didn't kill anyone. It's a promise we will never break."

No one responded, and the rest of the ride passed in relative silence.