Home

Logically, Edric knew that he didn't have anything to worry about.

Hunter was safe now. Everything was going fine. Sure, he might be a bit overwhelmed at his new surroundings, and he'd need time to adjust, but the residents of The Owl House weren't bad people.

They could just be a bit... much.

To be fair to himself, Edric was also a lot to deal with, and Hunter had been dealing with him for months at this point, so he was sure The Guard could handle himself.

Or Ex-Guard, Edric supposes. He's not quite sure where Hunter's opinion on his Golden Guard status lay at the moment.

Edric still wasn't fully quite sure about the events that transpired to get Hunter out of the emperor's castle, but he doubted that it had been pleasant.

He knew that it had been Luz, Eda and King who were the ones to rescue him. It may have had something to do with the day of unity? It didn't really matter to Edric anyway. All he was really thankful for was the fact that Hunter was safe.

For the time being.

The traitorous thought slipped his mind, but Edric couldn't exactly deny it. There was a chance that Belos would be trying to get Hunter back somehow, and that terrified Edric.

But no matter! He wasn't going to get hung up on the 'maybe's' of things. Today, he would just visit his boyfriend and spend the day with him, no strings attached! Amity had been gearing up to visit Luz, so Edric had obviously asked to come along to see him.

He had asked Emira if she wanted to join them but she decided to opt out of this one. Edric didn't really question why. By her sly grin, he had some ideas for what she was planning on spending the day doing.

Edric's reason for going, on the other hand, wasn't just to go meet up with his boyfriend. He knew that Amity's feelings on Hunter were still less than pleasant, so Edric hoped to keep Hunter company before the two had a chance to squabble.

As the two of them arrived in front of the house, they were greeted by a very enthusiastic Hooty.

"Hoot hoot! Now what do we have here? Hmmmm?" The owl tube said, a grin plastered across his face, "Looks like the two lovebirds have arrived!"

"Open the door Hooty." Amity said. Edric knew for a fact that her patience for the demon's shenanigans was quite thin.

"Alright, alright." Hooty pouted, "I see how it is," he swung the door open, greeting the siblings with the living room of The Owl House.

It was in a mild state of disarray. Edric had seen it look worse, but that didn't mean the mess wasn't very noticeable.

Eda lay on the couch, a scroll in hand, her eyes gazing over it. She looked bored.

Seeing that Amity and Edric were standing in the doorway, she practically threw the scroll away, obviously relieved at the fact that she had an excuse to stop reading.

"Ah! You two, perfect timing! I was going to pass away from how lame these scrolls were," she gestured dramatically at the copious amounts of paper that was littered across the floor.

Amity looked over it, clearly a bit uncomfortable, "How do you live like this?" she said, nudging one of the scrolls with her foot, "Can you even find anything in this mess?"

"Nope!" Eda proudly declared, "But I can make a good effort!"

"Huh," Edric muttered, picking up one of the scrolls, "What are you even studying?" He motioned to open up the scroll, but Eda snatched it away from him before he had the chance too.