"Mittens?" Edric slurred, "What time is it?"

Amity shook her head, "It doesn't matter. We need to talk now."

Her brother pushed himself up into a sitting position, glancing over to the still sleeping Emira, "Just me?"

"Yes," Amity said, "In my room, preferably."

Edric gave her a long stare, before groaning and crawling out of bed. Amity only woke up the twins during the middle of the night when the situation was serious, (Or at least serious in her opinion. The three of them seemed to not quite be in agreement to what a situation like that would entail.) but she'd never woken Edric alone up, so she was sure her brother was confused.

Dragging him with her over to her room, Edric's groggy look slowly faded as he tried his best to wake himself up.

Amity sighed as they entered, mentally preparing herself for the conversation that'd followed. She closed the door as Edric sat down on her bed, rubbing his eyes, "Couldn't this have waited till' morning?" he asked.

"I need to talk to you about this before your boyfriend has the chance to." Amity sighed.

That got Edric's attention quickly, "Hun- My boyfriend? What about him?" it was clear that his tired state nearly made him slip say his name. Edric had been pretty careful about that, claiming that his boyfriend didn't want just anyone knowing his name, due to his status as The Golden Guard. And apparently, since the Blight family was as influential as it was, it was a risk telling his sisters his name.

Amity suspected that Emira already knew, though. Her and Edric were twins. They couldn't keep stuff from each other for long.

Amity pursed her lips, trying to think of the best way to break the news to Edric. She didn't know how much the guard had told Edric about his devotion to the emperor, so she had no clue how he'd react to hearing about his mental breakdown at the lake.

But that could come later. First she needed to relay all the facts. No sugar coding. Just what he did and what he said.

Sympathy could come later.

"I had a fight with him today."

Edric's eyes shot open as he turned his attention fully towards Amity, "What?! What do you mean?" he looked both shocked and concerned, a reaction that Amity had pretty much expected.

Edric hadn't even been informed that they'd met, so delivering the news of their fight first would probably make his mind start working a mile a minute, but it was enough of a grip for Amity to know that Edric would listen to whatever she'd say next.

"Luz had been sick, but we had just uncovered a major clue on how to get her home. A place called Eclipse Lake, where there was supposedly supposed to be titans blood. Something that we needed to make the new portal. So me, Eda and King went there without her to get it." Amity explained, and Edric nodded in between, muttering "Aha" and "Mhm" to signal he was listening.

"And that was where we met your boyfriend." Edric's face contorted at the mention of the Guard. His full expression was unreadable, but Amity could see a flurry of emotions cross it, intrigue being a primary one.

"He'd been disguised as a normal coven scout, but Eda had recognized him by his voice." She continued, "So I used my abomination sludge to tie him up and come with us."

"Why did you do that?" Edric questioned, cutting her off, "Did he do something?"

"Edric, in case you haven't forgotten, he's still The Golden Guard. He is actively working against us."

"Well I'm sure he wouldn't try to stop you if you explained the situation." Edric hesitantly muttered.

Amity shook her head, "Edric. I know you like to see the best in him. But you ignore the position he's really in."