The younger sister running off, Emira took a moment to glare at Edric, "Ed. Tell me what happened?"

"So... I may have been a bit bummed out over the whole being stood up thing, so I decided to walk back through the woods," he said as casually as he could, "And, well, I ran into this real nasty beast demon and..." he trailed off when he noticed the look of disbelief that Emira was giving him.

"Have you finally lost all your brain cells? It was the middle of the night, you idiot!" she scolded, "I left for a few hours and this happened." To most, that would sound like a joke, but Edric detected a smidge of bitterness. Like she truly feels like she can't leave Edric alone without him getting himself into trouble.

He tried not to let it bother him too much.

The next 20 or so minutes were spent in silence, as Emira carefully stitched up his wound, with the only sound being Edric's hisses of pain, every few seconds. Amity had plopped herself down on the couch next to them and had watched intently for the first few minutes, before her eyes grazed off, clearly thinking of something else.

Edric wished he wasn't in such pain. He would have loved to accuse her of thinking about a certain brown eyed human.

The whole time, he was clutching the dirty, bloody piece of Hunter's cloak for support. His hands were red by the end of it, and he was sure some blood had spilled over on both the couch and floor, but he didn't particularly care.

The piece of fabric got him thinking about the aforementioned boy.

Did Edric fall for him? Perhaps. But was there anything he could do about it at the moment? Not really.

At least he knew where he lived, but he doubted strolling up to the emperor's castle and announcing that you wished to date one of the highest ranking members of the coven would go over all too well.

He really wished that he'd gotten Hunter's number.

When Emira finally finished, she let out a huge sigh of relief, as she placed a new healing coven sticker over the bandiging. "Wow, Edric. Three slash marks. Three. Couldn't you have gotten a simpler injury?" she half-laughed, clearly to calm her own nerves, "Let's hope I didn't screw up your leg too badly."

"Sorry Em. I unfortunately have a knack for complicating things for you."

Emira lightly chuckled as she plopped down between Edric and Amity on the couch.

Amity, on the other hand, was looking at Edric with questioning eyes. The boy met her gaze and raised an eyebrow, prompting Amity to clear her throat, before speaking, "I was just wondering... Who patched you up beforehand?"

"Oh yeah... " Emira said, "That fabric is clearly not from your suit. And the way it was wrapped was a lot neater than you could ever pull off."

"Are you doubting my first aid skills? I for one think I could have done a fantastic job alone!" he feigned offence.

"Edric, there is a muddy footprint on your chest. Who were you with?" Amity asked.

Ah yes. The muddy footprint Hunter had left after stepping on him upon their first meeting. Memories.

"Okay, I'll bite," Edric shrugged, "I did indeed meet someone while out on my nightly stroll."

Emira raised an eyebrow, "Did your date come back."

The reminder of his absentee Grom date wasn't all too pleasant. When he met him again he was sure to get a stern talking to. Well, he'd probably make Emira do it, while he nodded along with it in the background.