PROLOGUE

MUSAWENKOSI

I thought coming back home would help me restart my life. But no, it's slowly starting to turn upside down.

Firstly I saw her at the gym. I'm not the type to notice girls at the gym but her, she just begged for my attention by just being. I'm sure she didn't see me though.

It ended up becoming routine for me that when she came in the gym I change places and moved as far away from her as possible. She always came in an hour after me and left an hour before me. She did one hour while I did three.

Then I saw her at the bookstore. I immediately left and just put down the copy of 'The great Gatsby' that I had picked up. Something about being in the same vicinity with her stirred something in me that I wasn't comfortable with.

Last Sunday she was at my favorite coffee shop. Sitting at my favorite corner, reading a book. If I didn't know better I'd say this girl is stalking me. But in all these cases she doesn't seem to notice me.

The last straw was yesterday. Out of all places here she is at an adult store. WTF!
She looks too innocent to even enter here.

I know innocent looking girls are freaky but they only do it behind closed doors right? She'd probably ask her boyfriend to buy the stuff not do it herself. I bought the things I needed and immediately left.

Did I say that was the last straw? Oh hell no. Let me correct myself.

The last straw is now. I went to visit my mom at her workplace.
So I entered her office and she was sitting there looking like the queen she is.

"Mama"

"My baby, come here mfana wa mama (mama's boy)"

I walked over to her and she gave me a mama bear hug. You know, the tight squeeze one that says you'll always be my baby? Yeah, that one.

You'd swear I wasn't a 30 year old man at this point.

"You know dad says you treat me like a kid right?"

"So? What's wrong with that? You are my baby"
She says pulling my cheeks.

"I love you salukazi sam (my old lady)"

"My baby. I really missed you shame. Sit down, I'm almost done here then we can go to lunch. Luckily my meeting was also canceled."

"Alright, I'll wait"
I said taking a seat opposite her.

"So there's still no makoti for me?"
Mom started

I was saved by the doorbell from my mom's complaints.

"Come in!" Mom called out.

The door opened. And judging by the sound of heels on the tiles and the feminine scent I could tell that a lady came in.

"You can put the documents on the table"

"Okay mam"
The lady said and I turned to look at her. It was Melissa. She is my mom's PA and we kind of had a thing before I left. She was still as beautiful as ever.

Our eyes met and I winked at her. She blushed and I knew we'd probably continue where we left off.

"Melissa is my baby in today? I haven't seen her and we had a meeting"

I saw Melissa's mood immediately change. Whoever this baby is, she doesn't like her.
And my mom only calls me baby. She doesn't even call my siblings baby.

"I don't know. Let me get back to my desk."
She rushed out.

"You have a second baby now? Have I been replaced?"
I sarcastically asked my mom.

"Well... maybe."
She can't be serious

"Just kidding I can never replace my favorite boy"
She said stretching her hand to pull my cheeks.

"Don't let the others hear you say that."
I said laughing.

"But there is this young girl who has stolen my heart... oh there she is"
She pointed towards the reception through the window.
I looked to see this 'young girl' that my mom seems to like so much.

It is her...

Her from the gym, the library, the coffee shop and the adult shop.

Can I ever escape her?