"But what if they have the resources to restrain your power like we have. You need to rely on your fighting skills to get out."

Ember quickly lifted her head up and whacked Steve's head with it so that it was enough for him to loosen the grip on her wrists so she could wriggle free.

"Step one, never get distracted." She mocked his previous words as he cracked his nose back in place, as Ember winced at the noise.

"Did I break your nose?"

"Yup."

"Were you too distracted by my good looks to pay attention?" She grinned.

He rolled his eyes.

January 27th 2017
Avengers Compound

"No, you have to lift your arm more to the left to block the punch when I do this." Steve instructed as he threw several, soft, punches in Embers direction so that she could practice blocking.

"No, Ember, that's too much to the left, you need to bring your arm directly to where the punch is coming from."

Steve moved to behind Ember so her back was pressed against his chest as he guided her arms in the correct way to block a punch, her breath hitching as he came into such close proximity once again.

"Why do I have to block a punch? Why can't I just kick his balls?"

"It could be a woman."

Steve moved away from her so he faced Ember once again, and kept throwing punches until her blocks improved.

"C'mon, Em, you're getting sloppy."

"Dude, we've been at this for hours."

"We've been at this for 15 minutes."

Ember groaned and blocked another punch, "Also you just called me Em. That's cute, I like it."

"No I didn't."

"Yes you did."

"You're annoying."

"You love me."

Steve made her train for another hour. She complained the entire time, and also flirted the entire time. Steve didn't know how much of it was a joke and if any of it was actually real — But he tried to ignore it.

He moved onto the punching bags, as well as trying to get Ember to throw some punches at him, but it didn't go very well since she kept prodding at biceps while talking about how muscly he is.

"So, what does Captain America do for fun around here?" Ember asked, re-tying her hair into a ponytail after Steve had finally agreed they had trained enough.

"Fun, uh-"

"If you come up with an excuse that you're too busy to have fun or something like that, I will personally kill you." Ember joked.

"No I have fun... Sometimes." He said, cracking a smile.

"Hey!" Ember playfully nudged his shoulder, "You're smiling, that must mean I'm fun, right?"