Eight

(Watching over) after congratulating the boys on their show, we head back to the house for drinks. As soon as the door opens the boys scatter to the kitchen.
I take my time getting out of the car.
"I seen you have a moment in the pit tonight. what's on your mind mama?" Josh asks.
"nothing really- just Sam. after all this time I realized tonight that my feelings for him never went away" I sigh.
"I know. I see the way you look at him." Josh says.
"You do?" I say. "I'm so worried about telling him how I feel because of Danny-"
"I say that you go for it. he already knows- me and Jake obviously support you. I mean we did celebrate when you kissed him tonight-" josh says. "You've gotta let your heart decide." He walks toward the door and enters the house as I follow.
"LETS DRINK-" I scream.
"Ohhh shit- hell yeah." I hear Sam say. after an odd number of margaritas made by Sam and Danny- I get up on the kitchen counter. "Boys, turn the music down" josh reaches for the remote." I wanna make a toast-" I start. "a toast to all four of you beautiful mother fuckers- but specifically Sam. I lost you once" I slur my words" but I don't wanna loose you again." I sit down on the counter.
"I think you've had too much to drink Kenna." Sam says. "I'm taking her to bed- I'll be back" he picks me up and carries me up to his room.
"Sam, this isn't my room-" I say.
"I know, but this is the closest one-" I hear Sam say. I lie back on the bed with my hands above my head realizing Sam was gone.
"Sam? Sammy?" I yell.
"I'm right here. Let's change your clothes. Can you do it by yourself?" he asks.
"I thi-" I hiccuped. "Ink so." I say. another hiccup came and I threw up all down my shirt-
"Oh no.. Kenna. You've had too much to drink." Sam says.
"I'm sorry sam-" I half ass apologize.
"It's okay. Stand up- I'll help you to the shower." Sam says grabbing my hands.
"Shower me Sammy-" I say.
"Looks like I'm gonna have too- but I feel so bad because you are drunk." he turns around while I get undressed.
"Sam, it's okay you can look." I say leaning onto the sing so I didn't fall.
"Come on." he says grabbing my hand. I immediately sit down and vomit. I did have way too much to drink.
"Oh god- Kenna." Sam says stepping into the shower fully clothed. He grabs the shampoo and starts washing the puke out of my hair. His hands in my scalp felt soft as he ran his fingers through the suds.
"Close your eyes, lean your head back." He says. We sat in the shower until the water was freezing.
"Okay come on, let's get you out." Sam says grabbing a towel.
He carries me back into his room and lays me down on the bed, handing me a pair of my underwear and a shirt I'd never seen- I unfolded it. Maybe I had seen it before- it was a long beige shirt.
"I didn't wanna dig through your stuff so I grabbed one of mine-" sam says.
"I need some help sammy-" I say with the shirt half over my head. he lifts My arms up and slides the shirt over my head.
I pull him down onto the bed. "Sammy stay with me-"
"But the boys-" he says.
"Pleaseeee Sammy-" I say.
"Fine." Sam gets into the bed. "only for you-"
he lays there with me for what seems like hours. it had only been 30 minutes.
"Kenna," I hear Sam.
"Hmm" I wake up.
"Just checking to see if you were awake" he says.
"Sam. I think I'm in love with you."
"What-"
"Sam I think I'm in love with you-"