Chapter Fourteen: Urban Myth

Start from the beginning

"Of course I am." She replied, crossing her arms. "What's the worst that could happen?"

___________________________________________________

"First one to arrive at the hot spring wins. Plain and simple. You can choose whatever path you want."

With the sun officially down, and everyone changed into their bath robes except for Hoshiko, who instead wore a simple pair of shorts and a blouse she had packed along. It was time to begin to beef. A couple street lights were flickering as the group looked over the directions one last time. Reki still appeared as nervous as ever, and so Hoshiko began to feel a tad bit guilty for dragging him along for the ride. Realistically, she could have and should have stayed back at the room with him. But Joe's taunting only egged her on more, making her determined to stick his money where his mouth is as she had done before.

"What's with the matching masks from you two?" Joe questioned, pointing a finger toward her and Cherry. "And why isn't she in a robe like the rest of us?"

"I'm here attending business, and Hoshiko's my plus one." Cherry explained, rolling his eyes to the man. "Can't exactly wander around the area freely without fear of being caught."

"And there's no way I'm getting in the hot spring with all of you." She replied, her face growing horrified at the mere thought of it. "No real purpose for me to even come with other than to wipe the floor with you. No use soaking in a hot spring all by myself, it'd be boring."

"You know, I could always join you." Joe winked, earning a disgusted groan from the entire group. "Be a lot less boring that way."

"Don't say things like that, you creep!" Hoshiko shouted, using her board to hit the man in the arm. "Especially not in front of children!"

"Carla." Cherry sighed out, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Start a countdown."

"Okay, master! Three.. Two.. One!"

They were off. Smacking their boards against the concrete, they pushed forward, each holding a determined glint in their eye. Hoshiko could only smile madly on as she felt the wind blow through her hair and graze her cheek. Shadow wasn't far behind, coming in clutch with a trick up his sleeve, as always. Flashing a light into Cherry and Hoshiko's eyes, leaving them both temporarily blind as he pulled ahead.

"Visual Distraction." Cherry muttered out, catching himself before he managed to fall of his board.

"Atta clown!" Joe shouted from behind them, laughing as Hoshiko desperately tried to regain her balance. "It's no fun if you're not gonna fight for it. Am I right, guys?"

As he said those words, Langa and Miya each nodded to one another with a knowing smirk. When rounding the corner, the two sped up and set off, leaving Joe in the dust to watch with a dropped jaw as he was officially passed up.

"Think you deserved that one." Hoshiko called out to him with a laugh, slowly sliding her way toward the green haired man to taunt him some more. "What happened to fighting for it? Because it looks like winning is going to be pretty easy to me."

"This is just the beginning, you wait and see." Joe retorted, flashing his signature smirk before pushing ahead. "I've got this in the bag."

"I don't think so." Hoshiko muttered back, furrowing her brow as she used a near by rock to skyrocket herself into the air. Up and over Joe. The man could only marvel as she seemed to fly through the sky. She did always manage to catch some serious air with her jumps, something he made a mental note of to ask her about at a later date. "See you at the finish line, Joe."