Chapter Five: Sia La Luce

As the awe inspiring moment seemed to pass over the crowd, Langa landed himself in first place. Leaving Shadow to sulk and wallow in self pity at losing to a rookie so easily. Pressing the sunglasses back onto her face, Hoshiko noticed the way Reki began to stomp toward Langa. His body language screamed "ready to fight" and she was not prepared to break up an argument between the two of them.

"Hey, wait!" Her hand outstretched itself toward the boy, but it was a futile attempt. He was too far away anyway. "Those kids will be the death of me.."

"What the hell! That's important information, you idiot!" Reki hollered, grabbing Langa by his collar and hoisting the boy into the air. Their faces a mere couple centimeters apart. Langa remained unaware and confused at Reki's sudden harshness. "You're so.. awesome!"

"Well, they seem fine." Cherry mused, looking as puzzled as the rest of the crowd at Reki's quick mood changes. "Guess you worried for nothing."

"Not sure it was for nothing." She huffed, leaning her head onto the man's shoulder. "If my hair wasn't already white, I'm sure it would be turning gray."

"They sure look like a handful." Cherry replied with a quiet chuckle. "You sure you aren't their sister or something?"

"Positive." The woman nodded furiously. "A friend of mine asked me to keep an eye on them is all. Quite frankly, I'm glad that jobs over and done with. Would love nothing more than to go home right about now."

"Maybe I can give you lift then?" He offered, eyebrow raised. "Carla and I wouldn't mind at all, now would we?"

"Carla?" The woman found herself about to question, but her voice was cut off by the motorcycle speaking to them.

"Wouldn't mind one bit." It had said, causing Hoshiko to jump a little in her seat at the sudden noise.

"In that case, I'd appreciate a lift back to the startling line. I'm parked around there."

"Not a problem at all." He nodded, starting the motorcycle back up. "Carla, let's go."

The two started their journey back up the hill, making their way to the startling line. Laughing along about any random nonsense they'd managed to muster up. Cherry was good company. Aside from his skating skills, it was clear why he was so well liked. He was polite, and knew how to be social when he wanted to be. As the motorcycle skidded to an abrupt stop, Hoshiko let out a tiny giggle before getting off.

"Thanks so much for the lift, Cherry." She had started, before caressing a hand against the head of the bike with a smile. "And you too, Carla."

"Hopefully you decide to return to 'S' with the intentions of skating again sometime soon." Cherry had began. "Really enjoyed watching you beat that gorilla."

"Quit calling me a damn gorilla."

And like that, the two new friends turned their attention toward the defensive voice. Footsteps seemed to crackle against the dusty ground as he grew near. There was no mistaking who the noise could've belonged to. A visible vein began to protrude from Cherry's forehead upon taking notice.

"And who beat me anyway?" His voice carried on, nonchalant. "Haven't even been racing lately. Not since.."

His eyes trailed over to the women standing beside Cherry and his motorcycle. For a moment, Hoshiko thought that he'd recognized her. Considering how fast he shut himself up upon noticing her. She was about to make some witty comeback about how she was the one to beat him, but he had spoken first.

"What's such a beautiful lady doing with you?" Joe's eyes wandered over to Cherry, who stared ahead at the man a little confused for a brief moment, until she reminded himself just who he was looking at. Allowing it to make sense why a 'gorilla' wouldn't be able to recognize someone if they were wearing a disguise of sunglasses and a hoodie. "Hey there, I'm Joe."