Chapter 19

When I was wsiting to enter the room for my grill the grid interview, I posted the pick of me at the start line and the video of me and my wildlife documentary on my insta.

@Y/L/N_6: Honey, I'm home!🇦🇹
(Also if anyone knows whether @DavidAttenborough needs a new presenter hit me up)
📸@lewishamilton

@DavidAttenborough: this was very funny Y/N. Best of luck for the weekend. 👍🏎
》@Y/L/N_6: thanks legend 👍
》@landonorris: David Attenborough doesn't comment on my posts. Lucky 😢
》@Y/L/N_6: aww it's ok Lando. Don't cry.

@Danielriccardo: NICO HUUUUUUUUULKENBERG
》@hulkhulkenberg: 🖕
》@Danielriccardo: that hurt my feelings :*(

@Georgerussel63: We wondered what the hell you two was doing. 😂😂
》@landonorris: you see that she called me stupid?
》@alex_albon: I mean... the PS comment tho is definitely true 😂😂
》@landonorris: I can assure you that the PS does get the ladies... 100%
》@georgerussell63: sure... 😏

"Y/N. We are ready."

I walked into the room. It was black with some studio lights. I stood infront of them, adjusting to the brightness.

"What do you need me to do?"
"Just introduce yourself and the team you drive for then say something about doing grill the grid."
"OK."
I looked into the camera before starting.
"Hi I am Y/N Y/L/N and I race for Mercedes AMG Petronad and today I am taking on grill the grid."
"What even is grill the grid?" I leaned round the camera and asked.
"Well over the course of the next few weeks you will be taking on a set of challenges and games, competing with the other drivers on the grid."
"Wait do I get a prize?" I said rocking back on my heels like a child.
"There will be a prize for the winner at the end."
"Oh what are we waiting for. Let's start... Wait what are we doing?"
"This week is Alphabetical Teams. Can you name a team for each letter of the alphabet?"
"Oooo... bring it on."

"Start whenever you are ready."
"Well A, Alfa Romeo. B, Brawn. C, Cooper. D, oh god ummm Dallara. E, is there even one for E?"
"Yes there is."
"Well of course there is but I don't know it so we are going to go with eucalyptus racing."
"No."
"Well what was it then?"
"Emeryson, Ensign..."
"Oh well. Next F, Ferrari G, G... I don't know this one eitheeeerrrr ugh."
"There are 3."
"And you expect me to know them. OH GORDINI. What comes after G? ABCDEFGH. H, Haas. Next. I, igloo racing?"
"Nope."
"Darn I was so confident with that one. J, jaguar. K, pass. L, lotus. Mmm... Mclaren."
"Not Mercedes?"
"Oh shit I am getting in trouble for that one. Let's move on swiftly. N, Nichels. O... Octopus racing wait no Onyx. P, Porsche. Q.. Qu... wait is there even one for Q?"
"No there isn't."
"Ah try catch me out but no. I saw through the tricks this time. Rrrrrr, r, there is one and it is on the tip of my tongue, remember Y/N. Nope S, sauber. T, Toro Rosso. U, nope. V, virgin." I smiled to myself, no focus Y/N. "W, Williams."
"There is none for X or Y."
"Ahhh. So Z, Z is Zaks"
"Zak what?"
"Zakspeed. How did I do?"
"Well out of a possible 23 you got 19."
"Oh I smashed it."
"So did you figure out what team starts with R?"
"No I have no clue."
"What if I said redbull?"
"Shit. Danny and Seb are going to kill me for that. OMG RENAULT NOOO." I said in despair, "Am I at least winning?"
"Well Seb leads by 1 point at the moment."
"Of course he is. Well I am happy. I'm happy because I did a good job because of I did a bad job, I wouldn't be happy. So bring on the next round." I said finishing it off.

"Thanks Y/N good luck for Sunday."
"Thanks bye." I shouted back as a I walked out the door and made my way to my drivers room.

-----------------------

Race day

"If you are just joining us then we are halfway through the Austrian grand prix where the local here, Y/N is chasing down the leader Sebastian Vettel after just pitting for a set of hard tyres."
"She is determined here to win at her home race. She managed to come out infront of the traffic so now it is just a push to the end for her. Seb pitted a lap earlier so his tyres are slightly older, maybe giving Y/N that edge."

"Bono how is that gap looking?"
"The stop was quick so we are only 20 seconds off of Seb. He is struggling for grip though. Go with Strat 6, strat 6."
"Copy Bono."

The gap began to close until it was only a second at 5 laps to go. We was going down the main straight and I was just in range to open the DRS. I quickly gained another couple tenths but was too far to dive into the shikane. I quickly aligned myself into the ferraris slip stream and pulled out alongside Seb down the second straight, DRS wide open again. I managed to get ahead going down the inside of the hairpin and pulled off catching a slipstream from the lapped cars infront if me.

"How was that for a move?"
"Great job Y/N. Bring it home. 4 laps remaining girl."

The last few laps passed quickly and I pulled round to the final corner. This was it.

"Y/N Y/L/N. HER FIRST HOME GRAND PRIX AND A WIN FOR THE YOUNG AUSTRIAN. WHAT A DRIVE. WHAT A DRIVE."

"Y/N Well done that's a win."
"WOOOOOOOOOOOO. GET IN. OMG. I THINK I AM CRYING."
"Don't worry we are all crying too."
"How did Lewis do?"
"Lewis P3, Seb in P2."
"YES. Amazing work team, see you in a minute."

I drove past all the fans in the stands, it was a sea of red and white. I punched the air as they all screamed and cheered. I entered the pit lane and pulled up to the P1 spot.
I climbed out the car and stood on the bonnet before standing up and throwing my hands in the air. Jumping off the car, I took off my helmet and ran to hug my team. They passed me an Austrian flag which I wrapped around my shoulders, turning round I saw Lewis get out of his car and I ran to hug him.

"Well done Y/N. I'm proud of you girl, you definitely made all them proud..." he said turning to look at all the fans in red and white cheering in the grandstand.
"Thanks Lew. I cant believe it. AHHHHH."

"I hope I get a hug too..." Said a very familiar German voice behind me. I spun round and jumped into Seb's arms, my head collapsed into his shoulder as I let all my emotions just flow out. He lifted my head from his shoulder from his shoulder and wiped the tears streaming from my eyes away. I smiled up at him and stared into his blue eyes, everything for a second was calm

I pulled away from his embrace and turned to the fans and waved once more before heading to where Rosberg was waiting to interview me.

"Hey Rosberg, my favourite German. How are we today?"
"After that race I dont know. That was a drive and a half today how are we feeling?"
"I mean its amazing. I couldn't be any happier, the race was perfect and all the little pieces just cane together in the end. I want to say thank you to all the fans who came to watch today, I hope I have done you all proud."
"Well you certainly did everyone proud. Even Mr Vettel is over there crying for you..."
"I don't know what you mean Britney..."
"Well with that I think we are all good here. Congratulations again Y/N"
"Bye Britney." I said waving, nico shot me a look before turning to interview Seb who gave me a wink.