The Mission is My Guilty Pleasure

A/N: Hey everyone! It's been a while! I hope everyone has been safe during all of this craziness. My writer's block is finally leaving me alone and now, I'll be doing what I can on posting these chapters/edit a few of the previous ones.I have set a deadline that seems reasonable-ish? I think this book will have a sequel when I get to that point. Anyways, happy holidays! Enjoy this next chapter! : )

...//... Zim's POV ...//...

Today Dib-hooman and I were in the base, working in my lab...

I have been instructing Dib-stink on working with the several upgrades that the base needed. I had made sure that we had separate workstations. I've seen how Dibs desk station looked at his home base and... Zim doesn't need all that clutter in MY station.

With the several empty poop cans and the takeout bags that he hasn't gotten around to throwing out... Zim just shutters at the thought of how many germs are roaming on Dib-hooman's home base work desk. Then mixed into all of that are the several pages of disorganized papers as if he's trying to link crime scenes from those mystery films he likes watching with Y/N...

I shook my head when my thoughts lingered on Y/N longer than necessary. Zim needs to focus on work... Besides, she's supposed to be distracting to the hoomans! Not to Zim!

As Zim continued to try and focus on my work. My workspace was also darker than Dib's. Zim being an all-mighty and powerful Irken, I don't require a lot of light to work on the projects. Besides, too much light starts to hurt Zim's eyes after a while. And with Dib's beacon of a desk, it's plenty of light in the room for me.

However, even with the abundant amount of lighting in the room, the atmosphere had been... Tense to say the least. It's been about a month since Dib and Gaz confronted me about Y/N and the... feelings that they assumed that Zim has been having...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After Y/N had closed her locker and began headed to the land transportation. Dib had me pulled to the side to have the conversation he and his sister-unit wanted. I didn't wish to leave Y/N alone however, "Y/N, your sibling-units have asked to speak with Zim. Zim will be there soon."

The sad look on her face remained as Y/N nodded simply letting Zim go...

"Zim..." Gaz spoke firmly as we were at the side of the school building.

And yes, I know their name but, she has always been Dib's sister to me. Nothing more. She had no connection to me really... I looked at her confused by her actions. She was looking like she had all those months ago. Before we discovered their family, that was thought to be dead, was actually alive and somewhat well. It was the same but, it seemed to have an even darker aura than before as she leaned against the wall.

"Has... Has Zim done something to make you silly hoomans upset?"

"You're about to..." Dib shook his head and had quite the venomous glare.

I began to feel nervous. Not because of being confronted but, Y/N was by herself. She shouldn't be alone while she's feeling the way that she was.

I looked at them, wanting to get this done quickly, "Well, tell Zim what he's done... Zim doubts it's something he can't fix."

"A little hard for you to fix how you feel." Gaz sighed no longer holding the dark and threatening glare.

"How I feel?" I questioned. Why, on this miserable planet called Earth, are we talking about feelings? Isn't that a human thing??

Dib looked irritated as he just furrowed his brows and pinched the bridge of his nose. His glare changed from venomous to simply frustrated. Before he could speak Gaz asked, calmly, "We want to know your intentions with Y/N."