Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

            The other guys looked at each other and I saw a collective grin starting on all of their faces before they cheered in agreement. Even I couldn’t stop my smile that was forming. Clay grinned and nodded before he banged his hand on the table a couple of times. He looked up and asked me, “Row are you able to drive the other cage?”

            I nodded, “pills won’t kick in for a bit.”

            He nodded and smiled, “well boys, looks like we get our guns!”

            There was louder cheering and banging of the table. I smiled and let the guys get out of their chairs before moving out of the room. I waited until I was the last one again, but Jax stayed behind. He looked over at the others and asked me as we slowly walked out of the room, “do you know why Eli ran?”

            I shook my head and sighed, “No…I really don’t. I’ll talk with him, see if I can get anything.”

            Jax nodded and said as I saw the guys leaving the clubhouse now, “he hasn’t said anything to Clay. I like Eli. Until now he has been great, but I don’t want him to leave because of one screw-up.”

            I nodded and told him, “I’ll try. Maybe he talked it out with James.”

            Jax nodded and said as we made it to the doors, “I’m going to drive with you too. Make sure you don’t get all loonie with us on the trip and get into an accident.”

            I rolled my eyes and told him as I went to the one flatbed, “you’ve seen me on pain killers. I don’t warrant a sitter.”

            Jax chuckled and nodded off to Clay as the other guys sat on their bikes. Clay nodded back and I heard multiple motorcycles being started. I grinned a bit before I got into the front seat and started the truck as Jax went into the passenger one. I saw Clay ride out and the others follow. I put the flatbed in gear before I followed them. I looked over at Jax for a couple of seconds before I looked back at the rode and I teased him, “how does it feel riding bitch?”

            He laughed out loud, causing me to smile before he answered, “not exactly on a bike here. Just thought I could give you some company. Your arm got shot today.”

            I grinned a bit before I focused on the rode again. I told him, “I’d be lying if I said it didn’t hurt like a bitch and that I hope the pain killers will kick in soon, but I’m fine. Really. It kind of startled me, actually.”

            He chuckled and nodded. I followed the guys as we made our way across Charming. I asked Jax as I saw us getting closer to the warehouse, “have you guys thought of anymore potential buyers and suppliers?”

            “Apparently Bobby and Piney have a couple of groups in mind, they just don’t know how good the product is, how to make sure the police won’t charge it against us.” Jax answered.

            “So basically just background research?” I asked.

            He nodded, “then we are going to bring it up to the table.”

            I nodded, “sounds good if you ask me.”

            I saw the guys pull in near the warehouse and I saw James and Eli sitting in the van only a little bit away. Pulling up closer to the warehouse, I saw James and Eli come out to meet us. I got out of the truck and so did Jax. I turned to the fellow prospects and James came over to me and asked me as the group got together to talk, “I didn’t get to ask through the commotion, are you okay?”