Chapter 1

Athena was a Beautiful girl most people would say in her home town in Germany but she likes to think of herself as a strong, independent woman. After Athenas mother past she got a letter from her cousin who lives in Knockensmith (I think that's how you spell it) his name is Trevor he and her used to be quite close when they were younger but his mother met a man from  Knockensmith and they both got married and moved there taking Trevor with them. Trevor found out about his aunt passing away and thought it might be a good idea to invite athena to stay with him so they can hopefully find comfort in one another since they were the only family they had left well what they knew of. Athena decided it would be good for her even though she doesn't know much English she was sure Trevor could help her with that. But the only problem is what will Trevor think of her when he sees she's pregnant and the father doesn't want anything to do with it. Athena was sure he would still welcome her in open arms. Walking down the plane steps she sees Trevor. She try's to hide her mid pregnancy stomach. He noticed it but didn't say anything he just gave her a hug. "Wow it's been so long you've gotten bigger" he says. "Uh ja I grow up is well" Athena says giggling and stuttering over her words trying her best with her English. "We really need to teach you some English huh" Trevor says guiding her to the car. "What happened to you um accent" Athena says sitting down in the car. "Well you know it sort off faded into this farmer accent thing so here I am" Trevor laughs he was happy he got to see her again. "I see your um pregnant" Trevor says not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable. "Um ja but the father no want to have to do with it" Athena cringes at her poor English. "Sorry I should speak in German for you but we will be teaching you some English soon though" Trevor says speaking German. (Bold means German) . "Yea I know sorry I'm quite the slow learner" Athena says laughing. "Well Knockensmith is quite a small town so word gets around quickly so I had to tell everyone before you got here your my cousin and not anything else because trust me you should hear the rumours they come up with" he chuckles slightly at the thought of the types of things he hears around the small town. "Lots of nice people though" he finishes and stops the car In front of a small house. He helps her out then carries her stuff he looks over to an old couple sitting out on there porch. "Hi You two how's your day been" Trevor asks them. "Good hunny is this your cousin" the older woman says. "Yea but she doesn't understand English very well so it's going to be hard communicating to her if you try" Trevor looks at her and they carry on walking in. The woman gives Athena a wave. Athena smiles and waves back "have a good day" Athena says. She knows that phrase very well she taught herself it so she wouldn't be rude if someone said hello. "Well we can pack your stuff away later huh why don't I take you around and introduce you to some people and you can have a look around the town?" Trevor says putting her bags on the bed in the spare room. Athena nods and they both leave the house.