She falls on the chair and cries with her hands in her eyes. She doesn't stay like that for long and gets up from the table and goes to the living room. She put the hand on the phone, puts the receiver to her ear, dials the number and waits. Heather's voice is heard shortly:

Heather: "Hello?"

"Hi Heather... It's Evie," she's trying to control her weeping voice.

Heather: "Evie? Are you ok? Did you argue with Nikki again?"

"Yes..." She murmurs.

Heather: "Oh, girl. I'm so sorry! Do you want me to come to you?"

"Actually... I want us to meet somewhere. I feel the need to get out of this house. It's been like hell for me lately," Evie says, almost crying.

Heather: "Of course!"

Evie is in a bar with Heather in about half an hour. She tells her everything that happened. Her quarrel with Nikki. She feels lost.

"Complicated situation," sighs Heather.

"I can't believe he said I was cheating on him with Patrick!" Evie snorts.

"I'm sure he's sorry," Heather says with a friendly look.

"But he hurt me!" Evie scoffs. "That's too much... Believe me, sometimes I want to give it up and leave. But I wonder if something bad will happen to him right then and I'm not around?"

"I'm so sorry, Evie," Heather puts a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm tired of hoping he'll change," Evie sighs wearily.

A/N

Listen to the song now!

The two stay at the bar for about half an hour and leave. Evie goes to her car and opens the door and just then an ambulance passes her and Heather, with the siren on.

Evie stares at the ambulance for a few seconds. Heather looks at her strangely.

"Evie? What happened?" She asks her, walking away from her car to Evie.

"It's going to the place where Nikki said he was going today," Evie says, tightening the handle of the car "Heather! Get in the car with me right now!"

Although Heather is confused, she does exactly as Evie says, feeling that something bad is happening and Evie knows about it. Evie drives fast following the ambulance. She prays that she is just too anxious and that what she senses is not happening.

After a few minutes the ambulance stops in front of a house and the paramedics get out of it. Evie stops the car and looks at the paramedics inside. Her breathing became heavy and her whole body shiver. She takes a deep breath, unbuckles the seatbelt and gets out of the car. Heather follows her still confounded.

Every step to that house is an eternity for Evie. She reaches the door and puts her hand on the doorknob, trembling. She prays not to see what she is thinking. She opens the door with difficulty, Heather is behind her. But what she sees there creates a total shock that she hollers how hard her lungs hold:

"NIKKI!!!"

Nikki lays on the floor lifeless, paramedics trying to bring him back to life. There are many people around who hope for the same thing as Evie. For Nikki to survive.
Evie approaches Nikki, kneels on the floor next to him, leaving enough room for the paramedics do their job and save him.