1. The meet

Schools have started after the term exams in October. Vivian is a sophomore living in a small sub urban area in Lakeville, Minnesota and goes to Lily Lake High.

She's excited for the term but even more excited for the Christmas fest.
Every year, Lily Lake high and all its units organise a Christmas fest where students of Lake put up a show with many performances and set up stalls outside filled with foods, trinkets and literally anything. From hand made items to second hand books, students could put up anything. Lily Lake every year donates the money to the local orphanage.

Vivian joined last year and was amazed with everything, and this year she wants to perform a solo performance of a song this year.

Her schools started from november. November went well. December started. She was sick for 2 days, so she skipped school on 1st and 2nd.

It's the 3rd of December, Vivian gets ready for school, has her breakfast, kisses her parents goodbye and leaves.

[In school]

Vivan, gets to her locker. Someone taps her shoulder, she turns to see it Sasha.

"HI V!!"
"Hello sashaa!! So long since we saw each other huh? Where were you?"

Sasha is Vivian's friend. They aren't close. Sasha has all the gossip of the school and is also from a rich family.

"I was in LA with my uncles, I left right after my exams were over"

"Oh, thats so cool, I came back today, I was on a leave for 2 days, anyways, how's everything?"

"Nothing much, but have you heard that today Miss Grace is going to talk about the Christmas Fest."

Miss Grace is the incharge of the Christmas fests every year. She decides who can perform and what they perform.

"OMG! I have been waiting for Christmas fest for so long!!"

"Same, two days ago, I joined our schools band, and they have created a sub unit for the fest. I will audition for Lily rockers band either getting the vocals or the Guitar"

"Our school band? All they do is play the recorder."

"No. This is not the case this time. They band committee has alot planned. Yesterday day was the last day to enroll and they will start auditions from tomorrow, YOU SHOULD JOIN! Because you have experience, they'll will accept a last minute entry."

"Nah, I'm good. Have fun though"

Both bid goodbye and left.
Vivian went to her class, and Miss Grace enters.

"Good morning students. I'm not going to waste your time, but every year, as you all know, we hold a Christmas fest, and I just want all the students to participate in some way, either getting a ticket to your cousins or painting the banners or anything, plus, those who want to set up stalls, 8th Dec is the last day for confirmation, and Vivian, meet me in the recess."

"Thats weird" Vivian thought.

[During recess]

Vivian eats her sandwich and rushes to Miss Grace's office.

"May I come in miss?"
"Please dear"

As she entered the office, she saw Chan, standing near Miss Graces table.
We never really crossed paths, he was just in my English class. But still I heard people talk about him alot.
Chan looked at Vivian with a warm smile.

"So I hope you guys know each other" miss Grace questioned.

"Yes. We have our English classes together but we don't talk to each other. She's really popular and she's always active in school activities."

I tried keeping a straight face but smiled.

"Yeah, who does not know Chan, he aced the tests this year and everyone is talking about him."

He chuckled.

"Enough introduction to me, i know you guys. Let me get to the point, both of you have to perform a contemporary dance for the Christmas fest. You guys can discuss over the story line and the songs."

We both gasped.

"But ma'am, I was thinking of performing a song at Christmas fest. And I'm not that good at dance also, miss"

"Oh what nonsense. Remember last Annual show when you were a freshman. Lia and Mark were going to perform a duo, but Lia had fallen sick, and you filled in for her and practiced under 2 days. You were flawless. 2 months of preparation in 2 days. And the school band is performing, what is their unit name again, Lily Lake rockers or something, they are performing a musical performance and plus we are going to perform alot of Carols so it will get boring"

"But-"

"No buts, plus solo performances aren't allowed this time"

I silently shook my head.
Chan spoke up

"Miss, I'm not a good dancer, and I wanted to take part in the yearly Christmas drama"

"Honey, don't lie, you had given me the certificate of you being trained in contemporary for 8 years in Australia, was it a lie? Plus, the drama is given to the freshmens this year. And only small roles are open for sophomore and I know you deserve better. And students can only stay in one thing, or else students like you dominate every field."

"No no miss. That was not a lie. But May I ask a question?" Asked Chan.
She nodded.

"Why us?"

"I trust you both. Both of you work really hard and I have a feeling you'll have great chemistry. And one more thing, all practices will happen in school, no going to each other's places. They committees are busy in auditioning till 15th. You can stay after school ends, and practice in the auditorium, and don't worry, both of you will be given your notes by your teachers. And plan everything and show your story line by 7th"

"Okay miss" They said together.

They left the cabin, an awkward silence. Chan broke it by saying,

"I do have an idea for our dance v."

"Let's discuss it tomorrow and stay back to choreograph"

Vivian takes her bag sighing to leave home, not knowing what is to come.

━━━━━━━☾☼☽━━━━━━━

Authors Note
Such a long chapter 🥲. Sorry if it was boring.