_

"It's his fault, if he wouldn't have been an asshole to Y/n in her past maybe we would've had a chance." Maya crossed her legs. 

Leo and her sat in front of Henry who smoked and was sipping on some whiskey. "I didn't ask who's fault it was, I just wanted to know what happened."

"And I told you, now can I go? I didn't want to be apart of this anyway." Leo fidgeted in his spot. He could still taste the lingering chocolate. "You people are sick!" 

Henry rolled his eyes. "Always the dramatic one aren't you Leonard? You had to suck some measly toes now you're all pouty." He mocked the man with a fake pout. "You better be lucky we aren't in the business of getting rid of unnecessary people. You would be one of them. I'll let you go Leo for now."

Leo sighed in relief. "Thank you sir." He quickly got out of his seat and made his way to the door. 

"Oh and Leo, make a pit stop to drop your gun and earpiece off." 

Leo nodded and left. That left Maya and Henry alone. "I think Y/n's leaving the mob, just by the way her and Chris were talking. I don't think she wants to do It anymore and I think he supports it." She blurted. "I at least figured that out, so maybe I can get that reward you promised me?" Her eyelashes fluttered. 

"Interesting- we'll have to look into that more. I'm sure a certain someone will come up with something for the two of them. As for your reward-" He trailed off. He stood up only to unbuckle his belt. "Come and get it." 

_

Chris awoke in the middle of the night. Leaning over he realized the time was 2:50 AM. Sighing to himself he rubbed his eyes. He'd have to untangle his wife's limbs from him to use the bathroom. He never minded, but hated when he'd wake her up from his movement. After doing the painstaking task of removing himself, he made his way to the bathroom. He quickly used It before heading back to the room. Dodger was still asleep on the end of the bed and he smiled to himself. Y/n was all snuggled up in the blankets. 

He took a moment to adore the peaceful woman. The thought of the day she became his wife running through his mind. She looked so beautiful that day. The moment he slid that ring on her finger was the moment she was locked in forever. Now he almost wished he'd never met her. Never brought her into this life of his. 

Walking over to her, Chris leaned down and pressed his lips to her forehead. She stirred, but only a smile graced her features as she turned to her other side. Without bothering her anymore, Chris left out the door and walked to his study. The modern cozy study was full of philosophy books that he cared so deeply for. 

He sat down in the office chair and leaned back to think. Perhaps it was time for them to both give it up. He couldn't bear the thought of bringing a child into his gruesome world while people still chased him. Besides he was getting older, it was getting time to give it up. He'd made some investments. The right choice would be to pass it down to his right hand men Anthony and Sebastian. Though he wasn't sure he could give it up for good. 

Chris didn't realize how long he was in his study for. Long enough for the early signs of daylight to sneak through the curtains. He didn't even hear the door creak open and soft steps approaching him. 

"Were you in here all night my love?" Y/n's robe was wrapped around her tightly. "You're gonna be tired all day babe, c'mon back to bed." Her hand extended to lead him back to their shared room. Instead of taking it, he pulled her into his lap. "Chris, I'm serious." She giggled.

"Can we just run away?" He buried his head in the crook of her neck. "Away from the world, just you, me, and Dodge."

Y/n leaned more into his embrace. "Where would we go?" 

"Anywhere." 

She hummed in thought. Her hands mindlessly caressing his soft tuffs of hair. "How about space? You've always loved it."

"Something a bit more practical honey." 

"It IS practical! The billionaire assholes are already up there!" 

"Can you even take dogs into space?" Chris inquired. 

She thought for a moment. "Uh yeah I think you can. Even if we couldn't we could just do it anyway. Fuck the system ya know." She pressed her middle finger to his nose before holding it up at him. 

Chris chuckled and pressed his lips to hers. "Ah my honey, always so right. Though it's a bit too early to be so loud."

Y/n rolled her eyes with a slight push to his chest. "Come to bed you ass." She got up. Her robe slipped down to show her back just a little. To show she had absolutely nothing on underneath her silk. "I'll let you have breakfast early." She winked.

He nearly jumped from his seat to chase after her. Her cheerful giggles blessed his cursed ears. This was it. He couldn't let anything happen to something so precious. Especially because of his destructive acts to gain power and control.