Face the Fright (Part One)

Start from the beginning

"Did you see that?" she asked in a shocked whispered.

"Aye," Harry answered, taking a small gulp. A loud feedback noise sounded, sharply echoing around the room, making the both squeeze their eyes and ears shut. What kind of nightmare was this?

"Welcome to the Red Room," a female's voice rang. (Y/n) opened her eyes to no longer see the interior of the shack her and Harry were just in, but it was a literal red room, bright red walls, seeming like some sort of endless void.

"Where are we?" Harry growled, tightly clutching his hook just in case. The woman's voice was hollow, creepy, but also filled with an indescribable tone.

"This is a reality, but of a different form," she replied.

"Why'd you bring us here?" (Y/n) questioned, her Hades magic summoning as her eyes began to glow a dark shade of blue.

"You have chosen to play the game," said the woman. "Now here's how you play."

"There are multiple stages, and they will happen randomly, some with no warning or sudden moment. You must be prepared for anything. As I mentioned before, this is still a reality, therefore if you are to die here, you die in your own universe as well." (Y/n)'s stomach churned, her anxiety pulsing.

"If you can pass all the stages, you will be transported back to your own reality. That is all I can say," the voice finished. "Good luck."

"No, wait-!" 

Within a blink of an eye, the pair were in fairly decent looking house, old and vintage, yes still warm and cozy. (Y/n) slunk onto the couch, eyes flooded with mixed emotions of fear, rage, and sadness.

"(Y/n).." Harry said slowly, stopping once she shot her head up at him, (e/c) eyes starting to glow again.

"Harry, this is all your fault!" She cried. "W-we might die here thanks to you!" Harry lowered his head down in guilt.

"I know," he mumbled, walking towards her to grab her arms. "I know lass, but we'll get out of it, alrigh'?" Her breathing was slightly off, brain going through all the crazy outcomes of their current situation. There were plenty to spare.

"But what if we don't?" She whispered softly. "What if we do die here? There's-"

"We won't, Harry said firmly, giving (y/n) a look that showed her he meant it. "We're gonna work our way out, I swear." For a moment, she paused, trying to regain her normal brave composure, because for this? She would definitely have to.

"Alright," she sighed, calming down. "But if we die here, I'm going to kill you."

"Yes ma'am," he replied with a chuckle. It was cut short by a thump from upstairs. They stared at each other, thinking the same thing.

"Yeh think whatever tha was is our first test?" he asked her.

"Only one way to find out," said (y/n), shrugging and slowly leading the way upstairs. The steps felt flimsy beneath their feet, like they could break at any second, creaking noises made anytime a foot would even lightly touch one. At the top of the staircase was a dimmed hallway, 4 rooms containing it, 2 on each wall.

"Be careful," the goddess reminded, noticing only one of the rooms had a light on. It was all of a sudden quiet, and in horror stories, that was never good, so they had to be sure to stay alert.

Harry reached for the door handle, but it opened on it's own, a glass object shattering inside, making them jump.

"It's not in 'ere," said Harry, pulling the girl out. "Someone else is in the blasted place." (Y/n) furrowed her brows at him.

"What-?" A figure appeared just a couple feet in front of them, cutting off her sentence as the pair stopped dead in their tracks.

"(Y/n).." Harry trailed off, wanting to make sure she saw the same thing as he did. He got his answer when she swiftly snatched his hand.

"Harry..." she began, losing all cool when the creature suddenly grinned, inching closer to them. "Run. Run, NOW!" 

With that command, (y/n) and Harry dashed down the stairs, not skipping a beat as every heavy footstep took a toll on the already damaged well being of the wooden steps. (Y/n) went to the door, Harry racing to the window.

"Locked," (y/n) groaned in fear and annoyance as she tried to pull the door open.

"I've got the window open!" Harry announced, ushering her over and pointing to it. The creature was slowly moving down the staircase, Hook urging his partner to to go out through the open window first, not leaving any room for protest as he practically shoved her out of it. She fell in the grass with an 'oof', shooting back up to help him.

"Hurry!" She urged, spotting the thing right behind him, getting ready to attack him.

"Duck!" (Y/n) yelled when it began to move its tentacle-like arms at him. Luckily, Harry ducked just in time before he could be grabbed, the girl aiming her hand quickly at the entity, blue shooting from her palm and knocking it to the floor.

"Huh, so that's how dad works his powers," she mumbled out loud, jumping and yanking the window open even more. Harry got back up, sliding through the open space and letting his boots crunch against the grass.

"Tha' thing needs some serious face adjustments!" he told (y/n) as they continued to flee from the house.

"Yeah, no kidding!" She retorted. "C'mon, hurry up!"

~~~~~~

"A forest?" The girl whispered, pushing past some tree leaves. "Harry?" she turned around, looking to see no one near her. "Harry?" No answer. Panic filled (y/n)'s chest once more, twisting every which way to see if there was some sign of him. There was none.

"Harry! Harry, this isn't funny!" She called, hoping her partner was just playing some sick joke on her. "Harry, please!"

"Righ' here princess," Harry's voice finally spoke, popping his head out of one of the trees.

"You idiot!" (Y/n) cried, shoving his shoulder. "You freaking scared me you jerk."

"Sorry luve," he apologized, pulling her in for a hug, rubbing her arm and kissing the top of her forehead. She rose an eyebrow, but chose not to speak about it, even though his actions confused her.

"I found somethin' around 'ere," Harry added with a grin. "I think it's how we get out." Her eyes widened, a hopeful glimmer setting on her features.

"Are you serious? Let's go!" She exclaimed, gesturing him to guide the way. He took her hand, pulling her through the twists and turns of the forest, (y/n) not noticing the smirk on Harry's face.

~{The End!}~