Chapter 4 ~ 13 Years Later

Start from the beginning

"Nice to meet you Max. I'm Maddy."

"Nice to meet you too, Maddy." Max said giving a smile. Once Max & I got my stuff in the trunk I sat in the back with Tiffany's other friends, Becky & her boyfriend Jimmy who was more of one of those high school football jocks. And lastly Lance. Lance gave me the creeps the most because the way he kept staring at me.

"ALRIGHT!!! Let's get this show on the road!!!" And with that Tiffany drove away Bernie & Genie.

✧ ✧ ✧ ❅ ✧ ✧ ✧

My eyes opened when I felt something touch my thighs. When I opened to meet face to face with. You guessed it, Lance, touching my thighs, & kept traveling up. I screamed while slapping his hands.

"LANCE GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF ME!!!" I smacked him right in the face. Lance fell back onto Tiffany & Jimmy making out while Becky was gone to pee. I felt bad for Becky not knowing that her boyfriend was cheating on her. When Lance fell on them Jimmy swear like a sailer.

I needed some air, & to get away from Lance. I noticed that we stopped at an old, rundown gas station. "It...looked...familiar." I thought to myself. I needed something to drink so I walked into the shop. A small cow bell rang as I opened the door. "Hello?" I said. The place looked empty & deserted.

"Wha can I do fa ya' ma'am?" An old woman said behind me. I was startled & turned around to see face with a kind old lady. She gave me a warm smile with her eyes shinning through her tiny glasses.

"Oh I was wondering if you guys have any sodas?" I asked.

"Why yes sweet heart we do. Give me a second." The old lady said, ducked under the counter. Then came back with a bottle of Coke Cola. "Here you are." I thanked her while digging through my pocket, & took out $10, but the lady shook her. "No no sweetie. This ones on the house. You seem like a nice girl...Unlike your friends." I turned over to see Tiffany, & the rest of everyone standing out of the van.

"Those aren't really my friends. I just came along to move to Arizona."

"Where are you from?" The lady asked.

"Florida, ma'am." I said while taking a sip of the soda.

"Why move away from Florida?"

"Well..." I hung my head to the floor. "I-It's kinda personal."

"Oh...I didn't mean to-"

"Oh no no. It's fine. You've been very kind ma'am."

"Please, call me Luda Mae."

"Luda Mar? Why does it sound so familiar?" I thought to myself. "Nice to meet ya Luda Mae. I'm Maddy." I said, stuck out my hand as Luda May shook it.

"Maddy? I knew a little girl around the age of 9 who was named Maddy."

"What happened to her?" I asked.

"She moved. Never to be seen again. She was..." Luda Mae had a sad look in her eyes. "She was a dear friend to my baby boy." Luda Mae said.

"How old is your son?" I asked politely. Luda Mae looked back at me with a smile on her face.

"He's 23 years old. He's mostly shy, but such a sweet, love able boy who loves his family so much." A smile spread across.

"They should like a nice family to live with. Maybe they'll let stay there for a while." Myself said. I didn't noticed that Luda Mae was staring at me.

"Would you & your "friends" like to stay over for dinner? My husband & my brother can make a mouth watering steak."

"Did you say steak?!" Jimmy said for behind me.