36 - [REDACTED]

Carmen -

Every Sunday morning holds a great promise. That's what I've been telling myself for the past few days. Today was Sunday. Should I be expecting much? Taja is already pushing me about every single little thing. But Relios and I have a... plan. Rayne partially disagrees, but he suffices with it.

"Here. Boss wants to give you this," Relios hands me a notepad with a pen. I glare at him.

"What am I? A detective?" I sigh, taking both items.

"You'll... need it, I guess."

"Is everything ready?" a sudden voice booms behind us. Relios and I stand at attention, our shoulders stiff.

Taja glances between the two of us, taking a sip of coffee. "You know what you need to do, correct? Go find traces of Ruvyzvat. But do not take long."

I growl under my breath. "If you want to find him so bad, why don't you look for him yourself— GAH!"

A strong, sharp hand squeezes my neck, pinning me against the wall. Taja looms over, with agony in his eyes.

"DO NOT QUESTION THESE INTENTIONS... why do you think I assign you to look? If I go around, we'll attract attention. But you... you're normal to say the least."

"Is it because I don't have any sin markings?!" I yelp, still gasping for air.

"The only sin you've committed is disobedience." Taja lets go, looking at me one last time. "I'll be waiting for you."

And with that, he walks off. I massage my neck, easing the pain. I growl towards Relios.

"You could've helped me, you know."

"I know. But I recognize Taja too well by know. He won't harm you that easily," the red Pessim Monster sighs. He looks both ways, making sure it was clear. He then leans in, whispering, "Is she ready?"

I nod, "I'm so glad I found her sitting in the park. She hastily agrees. Is she that desperate to see her nephew again? I barely remember what he looks like."

"Talking about that crap again?" Rayne sighs, strutting towards us. "If boss catches you, you're dead meat. Literally."

"You got to take some risk," I shrug. With both objects in hand, I look between the two one last time before existing out of the bunker.

«...»

I walk quickly along the street, dodging pedestrians along the way. I had to go to an alleyway we agreed to meet at.

Turning the corner, I look between buildings. I saw dumpsters and piles of trash. But not her.

"Elizi?" I whisper-yell. "Elizi? Are you here?"

"Don't worry, I'm here!" A hand waves behind the dumpster. Standing up, I see the decently aged woman with a smile on her face. Calming down, I walk up to her.

"Ready to find Ruvyzvat?" I ask.

"More than ready."

"Not to bring hopes down, but what if he isn't here?" I ask. Elizi kept smiling.

"If he isn't, that's okay. But today, I have a good feeling about this," she says, excitement filling her eyes.

"If you say so. Let's go over our destinations," I say, taking a paper from my pocket. "First, we'll go to the nearby mall, then we'll check all restaurants, then the hospital, and the church in the outskirts of the city, and wherever he haven't look yet. Sound like a plan?"

"Sounds like a lot, but I'm willing to do it!" Elizi nods.