31 - Ruv's Surprise Party (Part 2)

Ruv -

Why?

A surprise party? For me?

Look, I never had any experience in parties, unless Sarv forced me to attend to one.

But this is a whole other level. More than that, it was for me, as Sarv would call me, "King of Party Pooping." Parties were definitely not for a guy like me.

I stare at everyone here. They drop their smiles, questioning me.

"Ruv? You okay?" Sarv peeps. She puts a worried look on her face, hoping that she didn't do anything wrong.

I sigh, tensing up a bit. "Мы можем немного поговорить?" I turn around and head back into the hidden home, hearing whispers from the guests behind me.

"Конечно..." Sarvente follows along, purposely slowing down. Once she gets inside with me, she lowers her head.

"Why?" I ask firmly. "You know I can't do stuff like this..." I cross my arms, staring at the ground.

"I just wanted to, you know, make your birthday exciting for you this year. The past few years... you've only celebrated them with me. And since you didn't have a proper childhood, I thought it would be a good idea to... let you experience this stuff." Sarv glumly closes her eyes. Seeing her like this hurt me.

"Yeah, and she almost stayed up all night preparing this for you." (Your Name) suddenly comes in, sighing.

I put my hand on my face, groaning.

Be grateful, Ruv. Be grateful.

"Guilt tripping, are we?" I mumble. Neither of them heard me.

"But I get it if you're upset about this. I'll close down the party if you want me to." Sarvente started to leave, but I cut her off, holding her shoulder. She looks back at me with a surprised look. Before she could talk, I give her a hug, making her jump.

"Sorry for being rude earlier. You put all this effort for me. I'm not letting it go to waste." I release her, making her smile.

"Thank you, but I'm not the only one who deserves a hug," she laughs. "(Your Name) helped with the minor stuff."

I glance down at them and playfully roll my eye. Leaning down, I embrace them for a bit. "There. Good job for... whatever you did for this to happen."

"All I did was keep you in here while Sarvente decorated. But still, I'm glad you aren't fully upset about this," (Your Name) smiles brightly. "Alrighty, let's go! The guests are waiting!"

The both of them lead me back to the church. "The party's still going on!" Sarvente yells happily. Everyone cheers. They then surround me, yapping unlimited words.

"Oh, thank goodness you didn't call off the party!" Hex sighs in relief, still holding the homemade banner. "I was worried you didn't like my banner."

"You did a great job on it," I nod with a tiny smile. Hex buzzes with glee.

"Yo, Ruv." I look down, seeing Pico smirking up at me. "First party celebration, huh?"

"Yeah...?" I murmur.

"Oh, you're gonna love today. I have a couple of surprises for you," he giggles a bit.

Whatever he meant, I was not looking forward to it.

"Hey, Ruv?" I glance to my right, seeing the blue-haired gremlin, staring at me with excited eyes.