𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫

Demon Slayers
✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

You were still supported by Kyojuro who was holding you close to him, he refused to let you go even though you assured him you were fine. The woman was still standing there as she was talking about the job of the Kasugai crow and how to choose the ore to make the Nichirin sword.

"I'm getting excited, N/N! We passed it together and we will be Demon Slayers!" Kyojuro excitedly told you, flashing you his sunshine smile. You smiled back at him, ignoring the pain in your throat. Suddenly, a white and black crowd landed on your shoulder.

It looked beautiful as it looked at you with its charming dark eyes, it looked so majestic

It looked beautiful as it looked at you with its charming dark eyes, it looked so majestic. You both kept on staring at each other before the crow landed on the ground, "Cow! I'm looking forward to work with you, Inumaki sama! Cow! My name is Karasu! Cow!" The crow spoke up which really surprised you, its voice was of one that belonged to a male. Kyojuro laughed at your shocked expression, "Don't worry, Y/N. Otou-san used to have one back in his days as a demon slayer, they are really helpful." You nodded and extended your free arm out for him to land on it.

Kyojuro only watched as you smile at the bird, knowing that you will have a great relationship with your Kasugai.

T I M E   S K I P:-
After the final proceedings of your ore and uniforms, you and Kyojuro returned home safely. Your crow will return once you receive the uniform and sword to tell you about your first mission which would probably be after two months or so. The ore for your sword was pretty unique, it has a silver shine and patterns in it with mix of black. You felt your body move toward it the moment your eyes landed on it, knowing that this was the material you needed for your sword.

Anyway...

Kyojuro quickly went to tell his father about your success, you couldn't help but smile at his overjoyed self and excitement. Once Senjuro saw you, he almost bursted into tears. He was worried about you both, especially you since Kyojuro wasn't that much injured. He quickly went a prepared the bathroom for you to clean up.

Right now, you three sat to eat dinner together, Shinjoru refused to leave his room as usual.

"I can't wait to start working!" Kyojuro said, stuffing food in his mouth, "Delicious!" You and Senjuro sweatdropped at his hyperactive behavior, "Takana." You mumbled, eyes never leaving Kyojuro. The young boy beside you nodded, "I'm also worried that he might choke while eating." And just as in cue, the elder Rengoku started coughing while banging on his chest.

You quickly gave him water and he slurped it down which made you get worried more, "Okaka!"

Kyojuro looked at you and laughed, "Don't worry about me, N/N! I'm strong!" He said, laughing afterwards. You just smiled at him softly. He was definitely excited to start his work as a demon slayer. He always told you that in this way, he will be able to protect the weak like how his mother asked him.

✻ ═════ •❅• ═════ ✼

It has been two weeks since the final selection and thankfully you healed very quick too. You asked Kyojuro to help you out in training your Cursed Speech which he actually didn't mind at all.

He sat three dummies for you to use for training, "Alright Y/N, you can go now." He said, running to stand behind you.

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, opening your eyes to look at the fist dummy, "Explode!" You demanded as waves of cursed energy dashed at the first dummy, making it explode to shreds. You felt the pain in your neck, but you decided to shrug it off. Your E/C eyes trailed to the next dummy victim, "Get crushed!" You yelled again, making the dummy to get crushed under an invisible force. By now, blood started to seep out of your mouth as the pain in your throat worsened.

Kyojuro noticed this and put his hand on your shoulder, "Let's stop here for today, we can always do this tomorrow." He said, getting worried about your wellbeing and health. You shook your head as you kept on ignoring the burning pain in your neck, "Okaka." You disagreed and moved to the last one. One more try and you will be done with it, "Get twisted!" And with that, the poor dummy got disfigured. However, this costed you a really unbearable pain and rough bloody coughs.

Kyojuro rushed to your side and supported your body before you collapsed, "That's enough for today, Y/N. Let's head inside." He stated, guiding you back inside the estate.

"Shake." You mumbled, feeling your throat being sore from your cursed speech. He took you to the living room and sat you down, leaving you to get some water and piece of cloth to wipe your blood away. It didn't take him long to return with a bowl filled with warm water, a cloth, and a cup of tea Senjuro prepared beforehand. He sat in front of you and dipped the cloth in the water that brought it up to your face, gently wiping the all blood.

He smiled at you, "You really are working hard to control this splendid talent of yours, you're doing a great job." He praised you, making a blush creep up your cheeks, "Tuna mayo." Kyojuro laughed at your reply as you averted your gaze away from him in embarrassment. He handed you tea cup after cleaning your face, "Here, this tea will ease your pain." You took the cup and took a sip from it, feeling the warmth go down your throat and making you relax slowly. Kyojuro kept on staring at you with a soft smile on his face, he was happy that you were working hard to be by his side and help him out.

"I will ensure your safety and protect you, Y/N. I promise."