Chapter 9 | Venue Fighting

Liana, Micheal and Jim laid in the storage compartment passing around Jims last spliff.
And of course, Annie was asleep.
"How long have you been doing that?" Micheal asked, "Fighting crime and that."
"A while actually." Liana said.
"You've been fighting crime?" Jim asked.
"...yea." Liana said awkwardly before turning it into laughter.
"She's in the news dude." Micheal told. "Secret identity though, so shhh."
"Like Spider-Man. Oh that's rad. Oh! You should come by a my party and be like the Spider-Man and everyone would be like 'wwwooowww'."
"I'll take a party over this." Micheal giggled.
"Yo yea. I don't know you. But I'll invite you on the invite list." Jim said, "You guys got snapchat? I'll make a chat and... we'll snap." He burst out laughing and the other two joined in.
They heard music start from a distance and choir boys singing.
"And there they go." Micheal said.

When the Shitbus (unofficial name) entered The Living Pool, with Mr Carrotborne at the helm, they noticed the whole city was lit up with candles and old fire street lamps they luckily still had. It had gotten dark so these small lights were all that they used to see.
"It's the blackout." Richard cleverly remarked.
"Just ignore it." Rowan said, going to the front of the bus, "Turn in here." He told Mr Carrotborne and so he did.

In front of them stood a big concert hall. Narrow windows shone with red light at the top of the building. It was all one main room, possibly the tallest hall in the city. Only having back rooms for dressing and preparation.

They got out and Rowan ran up to the Blackbus, hugging it as much as one can hug a bus. He could hear his old choir singing from inside the building.
"Is that weed?" He asked, smelling it from the bus.
He struggled, but managed to break open the storage compartment, seeing hardly anything.
"Is anyone there?" He stuttered as Lilly came as well.
"Yo." Jim laughed, before the other two joined in. He shone his light to show himself, Micheal and Liana, smiling.
"And of course Annies asleep." Rowan sighed.
"Where's Evan?" Lilly asked, not seeing him.
"Inside." Rowan said.

They helped their friends out from the shallow compartment and they stretched when all of a sudden! A group of a dozen boys came running out. They all wore white shirts and black ties and were all dolled up for the night.

Liana dragged Annie out the compartment and woke her up.
"Fucking tenors." Rowan sighed as he saw the boys running their way. "Okay, Liana, Micheal, I'm gonna save Evan, we'll get you keys and a pass and you just go. Take the Blackbus and just leave us." He said very fast.
"What?" Micheal laughed.
"Hey, I'm awake now." Annie joked.
"Get the guards to fight off this lot." Rowan pointed at the boys approaching, "I might be back."
"Rowan what's going on?" Liana asked.
"I could take a nap though." Annie sighed.
"It's a rollercoaster with you." Jim said.
"I've got to deal with Geoffrey!" Rowan yelled as he ran towards the tenors. Lilly followed him and they dodged the section, heading straight inside.

"B's!" Richard shouted from the Shitbus. Hearing this, five progressively younger Bills and five progressively Bruces came running out and charged the tenors.
"We gotta deal with these guys then?" Micheal asked.

Inside Rowan and Lilly went to the big carpeted doors that lead to the hall.
"He'll most likely be in the back." Rowan explained, "You go around the crowd and through the curtains, I'll distract them."
"Wh-" She managed to get in before Rowan burst the doors open in an overdramatic fashion, stopping the boys from singing and turning the heads of everyone in the crowd.

He strolled in, head up high.
"Rowan?" Geoffrey asked, shocked to see him alive so soon. "It's impossible." He called to end the music and showered the room with silence.
"It's illogical." Rowan corrected. "But no doubt, you were expecting me."
He made his way down the parting in the crowd as they spun in their seats to see this boy they didn't recognise interrupt the choir and hop onto the stage with them.
"Rowan is Lilly with you?" Evan asked from stage right, making Rowan jump. He was tied to a chair and forced to watch the boys sing.
"Silence!" Geoffrey ordered his prisoner.
"Your damsels been distressed." Rowan said, to which Evan sighed in relief, knowing what Rowan meant. Geoffrey laughed, not knowing.
Rowan slowly walked to the side Evan was.
"I thought you'd be happier to see me?" He laughed to Geoffrey, who just stood, very emotionless. "I thought you'd be yelling with joy, 'HE'S HERE!'" He shouted the last part to Lilly, hoping she'd hear.
"I trust you brought backup." Geoffrey said, ordering the second tenors to join the first tenors outside.
"Oh, you mean the sherif?" Rowan laughed as the second tenors ran up the crowd and outside.