"I'm sorry-" Gale starts, but he cuts himself off, looking at his feet.

"Don't be. I didn't get it at first, until they killed my mom. I knew he would kill my dad, but I didn't stop it..." She pauses, seeing a confused look on Gale's face. "I hated him for how he raised me, for putting me in the Games, so I refused again. I told Snow he wasn't any good as leverage, so he just disposed of my father, I guess. Then it was me. That's when I had to put my pride aside and do it. It's what got Beetee through the Capitol's communications system, anyway." 

"Right, you got us in." Gale recalls, nodding his head. "Must've been important people you were dealing with."

"I almost killed him, the man who's in charge of all that. He actually helped me, though. I think he could tell what I was planning to do. Almost like he was in on it, playing both sides. I'm not sure if he did it to aid the rebellion or just to save his own skin, though." Isla admits.

"He's not here fighting now, now is he?" Gale points out, leaning back. "He's probably dead anyway. Snow would've killed him for letting you mess with their security. Or for being dumb enough to let you get away with doing it. There would've been no winning for him."

"Yeah, you're right." Isla can't help but worry about his housekeepers. If he's dead, surely they're being used by someone far more disciplinary than what Titus had been. Unless they'd been sent home, and maybe joined the rebellion.

The camp is bustling with activity as trucks pull in and depart. Isla had overheard a couple soldiers discussing how a rebellion group had encountered a party of peacekeepers further in and it had resulted in a shootout. There hadn't been a definitive winner of the battle, and it was the first real one they'd had yet. So far, the peacekeepers had just evacuated some of the outer circle to send out bombs, so those in the rebellion hadn't come face to face with anyone. It was as if until now, they'd been hiding, slowly moving back.

"Don't you find it strange that they're retreating into the city?" Isla asks Gale, whose retired to his cot to eat an apple until Boggs shows up to get them ready.

"There's definitely a reason, maybe it's a better playing field for them further in. I don't know. They probably have an idea, though." He nods his head at the group of Commanders chatting at the edge of the tents. They all have devices in their hands, the same one that Boggs had when he welcomed them off the hovercraft.

As Isla and Gale stare at them, they branch off and Boggs makes his way towards them. "Gale, come with me." He says, and Isla gives Gale a surprised look. He just gives her a confused one back before getting to his feet and following the man through the tents, back towards the supply drop-off they had come from. Isla sits patiently, watching hovercrafts take off and fly into the distance.

It didn't take long for Gale to return, however, he wasn't alone. Isla meets another set of grey eyes as she looks between the two brunettes from District Twelve. Katniss is wearing a black, hooded cloak, with her bow at her side. She looks around uneasily, and Isla can already tell she isn't supposed to be here. Other than the fact that Katniss was never part of the actual war plan or considered a legitimate soldier, the Girl on Fire looked almost nervous. As if at any moment she could be caught for doing something she shouldn't have. Like going against President Coin's orders, and flying to the frontline.

"Didn't expect to see you here." Isla says nonchalantly. Her animosity towards Katniss has faded quite a bit since her hatred for Finnick started. It was almost as if she only had enough energy to hate one person, probably because it took so much out of her to hate him. So, her vengeance in regards to Katniss and Amelia had to take a back seat. 

"You're not the only one." Katniss replies, finally meeting her gaze. They sit at a table together, and Katniss lowers her voice drastically. "Johanna is the only one who knows I left."