"These aren't Games anymore." With that, playful Gale is gone. Replaced by a serious soldier and a hardy expression. Sometimes Isla despises how devoted he is to the cause. Its almost like being a soldier consumes his every waking moment, she can only get a glimpse of his real self every so often when he finally lets his guard down. When he'll finally just relax. A part of her can't help but feel that Katniss is the only true thing that can consistently bring him back to life, no matter what. Even now, though, as the war advances, it's even become difficult for the Mockingjay to bring out the nicer side of Gale.

"I know." is all she says. She doesn't want a lecture or an argument. He gets heated easily about the topic, and Isla can't help but talk about it with a bit of sarcasm. It's the only thing that keeps her from falling into her old self. So consumed by the games and killing that she had no regard for life. Ignoring the impending bloodshed is the only thing keeping her safe from the intrusive thoughts that haunt her at night. The coldness of being letting herself become a killer.

The rest of the ride is silent. Once they finally arrive at the outskirts of the Capitol, everyone begins to gear up and prepare to be unloaded. Gale doesn't meet Isla's eyes, instead focuses on securing his belongings and lining up to exit the hovercraft. She just follows him, unsure of what she could even say. All she knows is that she misses having Finnick by her side at times like these. He was never afraid of a joke, or giving comfort. Gale's too closed off to be like Finnick.

"Hawthorne, Dunne, you're with me." A familiar tall, dark man waves his hand in the air as he looks at a device in his hand. Gale heads towards him, and the two stand stiffly in front of him. "I'm Commander Boggs, you'll be in my unit. Your tents are over there, you can rest for the time being. I'll debrief you in two hours, we'll be leaving shortly after."

Isla looks up at the sun, noticing that it's barely noon. She looks at the city, wondering where in the distance Snow's mansion is. Where the tribute centre is. Where Titus is, if he's still alive. Lost in her thoughts, she almost doesn't notice Gale standing in front of her now, an eyebrow raised. "Thinking of going back to your old apartment?" He asks.

Isla scoffs, turning and heading towards the tents. "If that's what you want to call the place I was held in by Snow, forced to participate in his agenda, then no." She replies, sitting on a bench. "I was wondering where it is, though. Where Snow's mansion is. I didn't get to explore much of the city, contrary to popular belief. I have no clue where we are right now." She admits, leaning back into the bench.

Gale joins her, surveying the military camp. "You did leave the tribute centre, though, right?"

Isla supposed this was his way of asking if she had been prostituted or not. "I would go to rich people's houses for dinner. The cars were completely blacked out, I couldn't see outside and no one could see me inside. The houses, or should I say mansions, were secluded. Large estates with fences and hedges and gates. Very private." She explains, waiting for his reaction.

"I think Katniss only avoided that because of Peeta, being in love and all. One of the only things he's done that I'm grateful for." Gale says, looking at Isla. She nods, agreeing.

"He would've had you, her mom, Prim, all of you killed if she refused to. Which I think she would have. Johanna did, that's why she has no family left in Seven. I did, too, and mine are dead now. When I was being held there, it came down to me. He could've killed me if I refused, because nobody knew I was still alive after the last Games. He could've lied and said I was found dead in the arena, or that they did everything they could but I succumbed to injuries or infection in the hospital. The only people who knew I was alive when that arena fell and those hovercrafts came was Johanna and Peeta. Peeta wouldn't know any different now in the state they left him in, and Johanna wasn't going to live, either, if you hadn't rescued her."