Carly swallowed hard and nodded.

"Has he hurt you r-?" She was interrupted.

"Sydney!"

Both girls turned to look at the door, where Sydney's boyfriend was calling her. She glanced at Carly, who nodded for her to go on, eager to not have to answer her question. The blonde giggled, stumbling to her feet as the alcohol kicked in. Carly sighed, watching as she disappeared into the house.

[end of flashback]

"No one knows what she did for the rest of that party," Sydney explained, running a hand through her hair and looking down at her hands in her lap.

"So you knew about her uncle? You fucking knew that her uncle was abusing her?! But you keep your fucking mouth shut?!" Deanna asked, finding it hard to picture Carly in that situation. The girl she knew now was so different than the girl Sydney had described.

Sydney nodded. "I slept over at her house one night and her uncle came home drunk, He punch Carly. She... she begged me not to tell. So I didn't."

Deanna clenched her fists but tried to remain calm. "What about Scott?" Sydney sighed and scooted back on the couch.

[Flashback - Later that Night]

"Carly," Scott whined, tugging on his girlfriend's arm.

"No, Scott, I'm driving," Carly said firmly, keeping her feet planted to block her boyfriend from getting inside the driver's side of his truck. She was the only one at the party who hadn't gotten drunk that night. She hadn't even had a sip of anything.

"Yeah, well it's my car."

She whimpered when she felt a tight hand grab her arm and yank her back into the street. Carly cowered back as she watched Scott slide into the driver's side of the car, slamming the door behind him. The window rolled down moments later.

"Are you coming, or what?"

"You're drunk," Carly reiterated, biting her lip and taking a step forwards. She glanced around the front lawn, watching everyone else pile into their cars. There was no other way she could get home.

"Loosen up, Carly," one of the girls in the other car called out. Carly sighed, realizing this was her only way home, and her only chance of not being caught by her uncle. She reluctantly crossed over to the passenger side, making sure to buckle her seatbelt.

Scott pulled out onto the street, leaning forwards and narrowing his eyes to see the road through his blurred vision. Carly took a deep breath, telling herself to calm down.

"Hey Scott! Race? "

A truck pulled up next to them and revved the engine. Carly immediately put a hand on Scott's arm.

"Don't," she warned.

"You heard what they said, Carly," Scott chuckled, revving the engine back and glaring challengingly at the truck next to them. Carly noticed Sydney in the backseat, sticking her head out the window and laughing. "Loosen up."

Before Carly could respond, the car next to them took off down the road.

"Those bastards," Scott huffed, slamming on the gas and making Carly jolt backwards in her seat. She grabbed the handle above the passenger side door and shook violently as the car tore off down the road.

They raced around the block for a while, and when nothing bad happened, Carly calmed down slightly. A thought crossed her mind.

"Were those girls from our chemistry class at the party?" she asked, biting her lip