CHAPTER-10

Leaving Carly didn't get any easier the second time around. If anything, it become more difficult now that Carly understood what was happening.

"I go with Didi," Carly whined to Eya as Eya held her back from the door. Deanna stood in the doorway, biting her lip and hesitating to leave.

"You're coming shopping with us today, Carly," Ivy piped up. "Deanna will be back soon, she will just go to her school." Eya waved her hand at Deanna, motioning for her to leave. Deanna sighed and slipped out the door while Carly was distracted.

"Didiii!," Carly cried, trying to wiggle out of Eya's grasp. Eya held on tightly to the small girl. She glanced at Ivy questioningly.

"It's like we're raising a child," Ivy mumbled. Carly was still trying to run for the door, and Eya was struggling to hold onto her.

"Deanna is gone, Carly," Eya said firmly. She was growing increasingly frustrated with the fact that Carly was so persistent on being by Deanna's side 24/7. The small girl turned around and looked at Eya angrily.

Eya's hands were still tightly gripping Carly's wrists, so the smaller girl settled on kicking her legs forwards and hitting the leg of the small table by the door. The wood cracked easily under the force of her kick, causing the table to fall over and bring the glass vase on top of it crashing to the floor. Ivy and Eya both gasped as glass scattered everywhere. Carly immediately cried out and covered her ears with her hands, which Eya had released out of shock.

"Why the hell would you do that?!" Eya yelled, turning around and glaring at Carly. The smaller girl took a few steps back and brought her hands up in front of her face.

"Please," she shook her head violently. Eya and Ivy exchanged confused glances as Carly continued to take slow steps away from them.

"Bad," Carly mumbled, knocking on her head with her fist. "Bad, Stupid," she shook her head and hit her head even harder. Eya raised an eyebrow at Ivy, who was just as lost as she was.

"Stupid," Carly uttered under her breath. "Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! " her voice grew louder and she began violently punching her head with both fists. Her back slid down against the wall and she continued punching herself with her balled up fists.

"Carly, don't do that," Eya quickly ran over to the girl and slid down next to her. "Hey, hey, you're not stupid," she grabbed Carly's hands and held them away from her face.

Carly looked up at Eya, her bottom lip trembling. Eya felt extremely guilty for snapping at her. She glanced back at Ivy, who was already using the broom to sweep up the pictures of broken glass.

"Stupid," Carly shook her head and tried to bring her hands back to her face. Eya kept a firm grip on her wrists, and Carly whined in frustration. "Stupid! Bad!  Bad Carly! ."

Eya bit her lip and sat down next to the girl. "You're not bad or stupid," Eya said softly, unsure how she should go about comforting Carly.

"I killed it," Carly whimpered, pointing to the vase and table by the door. She began to cry softly, tears flowing down her cheeks and spotting her shirt.

"It's okay, Carly, it's just a vase. We can just buy a new one," Eya shook her head. "It's okay, I promise. Do you want something to eat?" She tried to distract the smaller girl, hoping food would take her mind off of what she'd done.

Carly shook her head violently, sobbing even harder than before. She dropped her head onto her knees and covered her face with her hands as the sobs became uncontrollable.

"Carly, you don't have to cry," Ivy piped up, joining Eya on the floor next to the girl. "It's all cleaned up, see?" She pointed to the doorway. Carly didn't respond to their attempts at comforting her, she just continued crying into her hands.