Carly clapped her hands excitedly. She stood over Deanna's shoulder, watching as the older girl quickly started blending the mix of oranges, pinks, and yellows together on the canvas in front of her.

"Pretty," Carly murmured, mesmerized by what Deanna could do with a brush. The older girl laughed softly and dipped her brush in the darker shade of orange. Swiping it across the material quickly, she added the streaks at the bottom of the canvas.

When she looked back up at the window, there was a figure in the way. This reminded her all too much of the time in the park when Carly had picked the daisies she'd been sketching. Deanna bit her lip.

Without another thought, she bent down and grabbed a few new tubes of paint. Soon, Carly's small silhouette was appearing in the middle of the canvas, with her palms outstretched. In real life, Carly had her hands pressed against the glass. But in the painting, she was reaching out and touching the sunset.

"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you," Carly hummed softly. Deanna looked up from her painting and smirked.

"Don't you know any other songs?"

Carly turned around to look at Deanna and tilted her head to the side. Deanna laughed softly and motioned for Carly to come towards her. The small girl smiled widely and watched as Deanna scrolled through her phone. She walked over to the speaker and plugged her phone in, pressing the play button. Carly's eyes widened as music started to play throughout the apartment.

🎶Screen falling off the door, door hanging off the hinges

My feet are still sore, my back's on the fringes

We tore up the walls, we slept on couches

We lifted this house, we lifted this house🎶

Deanna sang along to the song, causing Carly to giggle. The older girl grabbed her paintbrush and began using it as a microphone.

🎶Fire-crackers in the east, my car parked south

Your hands on my cheeks, your shoulder in my mouth

I was up against the wall, on the west mezzanine

We rattle this town, we rattle this scene🎶

Carly giggled wildly when Deanna accidentally smeared orange paint on her nose. The older girl crossed her eyes to try and see the paint, causing both of them to laugh even more. Deanna shrugged it off and continued to sing.

🎶O, Anna Sun!

O, Anna Sun!🎶

Carly still stood by the easel, and Deanna held out her hand and motioned for come towards her. The younger girl tilted her head to the side as she padded over. Deanna grabbed her hand and pulled her closer, setting her paintbrush down and twirling Carly around.

🎶What do you know? This house is falling apart,

What can I say? This house is falling apart.

We got no money, but we got heart,

We're gonna rattle this ghost town,

This house is falling apart.🎶

Both girls laughed as the song continued playing. Carly grabbed the paintbrush and placed a dot on Deanna's forehead. The older girl, in return, swiped a dot of yellow paint on Carly's nose. The smaller girl gasped, causing both of them to erupt into giggles moments later.

🎶Screen falling off the door, door hanging off the hinges.

My feet are still sore, my back's on the fringes.🎶