Tomoe hummed, thinking back to the blond haired boy that ran by her at such a fast pace. "In fact, I did," she answered and pointed in the direction behind her. "He was running that way quite fast. I'm pretty sure he's heading towards the shopping center."

"Thanks for your help," he replied, giving her a nod and running past her. 'I sensed some flames on her... I wonder if it's the brats'.'

Tomoe looked over her shoulder for a few more seconds as she watched the man before shrugging, looking forward and continuing on her way to school.

She was already late enough to school, she didn't want to be even later than she already was and be forced to fight Kyoya (if he found out she was late to Namimori High School).

'Hmm, that man seemed interesting. The uniform and that "Voi!" sounded familiar. Where have I seen him before?' Tomoe continued to quietly think to herself as she walked, stopping mid step as a bolt of realization hit her. "It's the Varia arc now... That was Squalo, the vice captain who attacked them in public in the anime. Shit!"

Tomoe turned around, clenching her bag as she ran after Squalo.

As much as she didn't want to get involved in the plot, it was already a fact that she was too late to escape the mafia world thanks to Reborn and Mukuro.

'But wait... why do I have to do this? They'll be fine since Dino will save them...'

She slowed down, her running turning into a slow jog.

"I'm not needed."

'I don't need to play the hero.'

"Why am I involving myself in this again?"

'I can avoid all this mafia drama and fights if I just stay away. My family and I will be safe if I avoid it all.'

Her jogging ceased. She stopped moving in the direction of where the battle was going to occur.

'What are we to each other, do they consider me a friend? What am I to them?'

"Am I even their friend? They probably are wary of me because of what happened in Kokuyou."

She stared in the distance before she turned around, walking back with an emotionless expression. She had to get to school.

Everything would be fine. She was never part of the canon plot so she wouldn't be affected by this.

'That's right... It doesn't concern me.'

"I know they'll be alright. I have nothing to worry about."

So, she continued on her way, not turning back.

[G-o.... Ba.... ck.... oe.... He... He...p t... em...]

But as Tomoe walked away, she felt a very cold feeling in her heart.

"Protect the ring that is the identifying proof of the next boss," Reborn said. "And you're going to be the tenth Vongola. There's a total of seven Vongola Rings and they serve a purpose when seven people of the family have it. The six rings other than yours... Were delivered to six other people who are worthy of protecting the next boss of Vongola, Sawda Tsunayoshi."