"You don't have to be scared of me, y'know," Deanna broke the silence as they were walking back to the car. Carly was walking beside her, looking straight up at the sky and watching the clouds.

"I know," Carly turned to look at Deanna. "You are Didi. You have a big heart," she reached out and touch on Deanna's chest, as if to show her that her heart was there. Deanna's breath caught in her throat and all she could do was nod.

Once they reached the apartment, Carly skipped inside and looked around happily. Deanna checked the time, realizing they'd been out for longer than she thought. Rushed footsteps came down the stairs and Deanna turned around to find Eya studying them both.

"You found her?" Eya glanced at Carly, who was now sitting on the floor and flipping thought one of the magazines from the coffee table. Deanna nodded. "What took so long?" The other girl plopped down on the couch.

"Didi got ice cream," Carly spoke up, smiling widely and holding up the yellow plastic spoon that she'd saved from the store. Eya raised an eyebrow at Deanna and smirked.

"What?" Deanna shrugged, sitting down on the couch next to the other girl. She tried to play off the time she spent with Carly as merely something she had to do, but she was starting to realize that she enjoyed the company of the younger girl.

"Nothing," Eya gave Deanna a knowing smirk. The older girl rolled her eyes, pulling her phone out of her pocket and checking the time. She sat up quickly when she realized she had classes the next day.

"Shit," Deanna shook her head, groaning. She was supposed to turn in three sketches for her first class tomorrow. She had finished them all, until Carly got to them with a marker. Eya raised an eyebrow at her, silently asking for an explanation.

"I have some... homework I need to work on," Deanna said, trying not to let Carly know that she had inconvenienced her by ruining her sketchbook. Eya looked at her questioningly, but didn't say anything, allowing Deanna to disappear up the stairs and leave Carly under Eya's watchful eye.

The rest of Deanna's night was spent sprawled out on her bedroom floor, trying to recreate the sketches she had planned to turn in. After multiple hours of frustrated groans and crumpled up pieces of paper, Lauren finally produced three sketches that she considered mediocre, but she was too exhausted to try again. Telling herself they were good enough, she changed into an old shirt to wear to bed.

Just as she was about to turn her light off, a noise in the hallway caught her attention.

"No," Carly's voice rang out. Deanna heard footsteps and then her doorknob jiggled, but it stopped moments later.

"Carly, my room is this way," Eya huffed, trying to pull the other girl in the direction of the other door.

"Nooooo," Carly groaned, shaking her head and reaching for Deanna's doorknob once more. "Didi."

"She doesn't want you in her room, Carly," Eya sighed in frustration.

Unable to listen to their power struggle for any longer, Deanna got up from her bed and opened her door slightly.

"Didi!" Carly smiled widely, wiggling out of Eya's grip and walking over in front of Deanna's door. "Knock knock."

Deanna raised an eyebrow. "Who's there?"

Carly stared at her blankly. Deanna and Eya exchanged glances,  then Eya grabbed Carly's wrist, trying to pull her away from Deanna's door.

"Nooooooooo," Carly mumbled. She shook her head and tried to pull away.

"Carly, I swear, s—," Eya started.

"It's fine," Deanna sighed, opening her door wider and motioning for Carly to come in. Eya looked shocked, and Deanna just shrugged. "If you want sleep, this is the only way you're going to get it."