The small girl turned back to the daisies, laying them down gently next to her. She ran her fingers through the grass, feeling the remainder of the stems from where she'd cut the flowers.

"Stupid," Carly mumbled, shaking her head and knocking on her forehead a few times, as if to check if her brain was hollow. "Stupid," she repeated, picking up one of the daisies and trying to connect it back to the stem.

"Bad," she sighed. Her hands shook in frustration as she tried to make the daisy stand up in the patch of grass once more. "No, bad," she shook her head quickly and continued trying to get the flower to stand upright.

A drop of water on her back made Carly jump. She looked up at the sky, trying to determine where it came from. Suddenly there was another drop, and another, and another, until there were too many for the girl to count.

"Ouch," she muttered. Quickly bending down, she gathered up the flowers and held them tightly against her chest. She shook her head, looking around for somewhere where the water couldn't hurt her. The largest thing she could find was the forest, so she held the flowers close to her and waddled off of the path, stumbling through the brush.

****

Deanna had just fallen asleep when someone burst into her room. She'd walked back home and headed straight to her bed, intent on getting some sort of sleep to get the thoughts of Carly out of her head. Ever since she'd left the park, Carly had been the only thing on her mind.

She groaned, sitting up and staring at the figure in her doorway. "What do you want?" she huffed, wiping her eyes and glaring at Riri.

"Where's Carly?"

"How am I supposed to know?" Deanna threw her hands up in the air.

"I left her in Eya's room for twenty minutes so I could try and get some homework done, and when I came back, she was gone, Deanna. Gone!." Riri shook her head and sighed in frustration.

"Last time I saw her was at the park," Deanna shrugged, running a hand through her  hair."She picked the fucking flowers I was sketching."

Riri took a deep breath. "Okay, well, where was she?"

"At the edge of the woods, where that one bench is," Deanna stood up and flicked on her light. She blinked a few times to let her eyes adjust. "Why does it matter?"

"Because she could be lost, Deanna," Riri laughed at Deanna's utter disregard for the other girl. "Not to mention, it's pouring rain." Deanna raised an eyebrow, drawing one of her curtains aside and realizing just how awful the weather had gotten.

"She can take care of herself," Deanna shrugged, trying not to become too concerned for Carly. For some reason, she was starting to feel bad for the way she was treating the other girl. But Deanna knew what she had done, and she continued to tell herself that she hated Carly.

"That's debatable," Riri mumbled, leaning on the windowsill next to Deanna. "Did Eya tell you about last night?" Deanna shook her head.

"Get your keys," Riri nodded towards the door. "I'll explain while we go look for her."

Deanna groaned. But for some reason, she grabbed her keys from the nightstand and followed Riri into the living room. She figured it was the least she could do for leaving Carly in the rain in the first place.

The girls jogged through the rain and slid into Deanna's car as fast as they could. "So what was Eya supposed to tell me?" Deanna started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

"Go left," Riri instructed. "We'll circle around the back of the park." The taller girl started intently out the window, thinking for a few moments. "I'm not really sure," Riri said honestly. "All I know is that when Carly was getting changed, Eya found glass in her feet.