"Why?" The smaller girl obviously didn't take Deanna's hint, because moments later Deanna felt a dip in her bed. She lifted her head and let out a frustrated sigh when she saw Carly sitting cross legged at the end of the bed.

"Because I don't want you here," Deanna said bluntly. She didn't see any point in hiding her feelings towards Carly. She deserved to know how much Deanna despised her.

"Why?" Deanna groaned and rolled over, sitting up and grabbing Carly by the shoulders.

"Because I don't like you," she said loudly, but not loud enough to wake her other roommates. "Go away," she said between gritted teeth, grabbing her phone and slipping her headphones back into her ears.

"Why don't you like me?"

Deanna ignored the girl, hoping that maybe Carly would leave on her own is she didn't entertain her questions. What was she thinking? Coming into Deanna's room in the middle of the night seemed like a death sentence for Carly. Deanna rolled her eyes.

There was a tap on her shoulder and Deanna ripped her headphones out of her ears. "What?!" she snapped, sitting up and glaring at Carly. "I thought I told you to leave?" she hissed.

Carly reared back, scooting all the way against the backboard of the bed and holding her hands out in front of her. "Please," she mumbled, shaking her head. Deanna grew confused.

"Please?" she asked, trying to keep her tough composure despite having just seen a flash of vulnerability in the girl.

Carly nodded slowly and placed her hands back in her lap. "I wanted to talk."

Deanna raised an eyebrow. "What?" she laughed bitterly. "Are you finally going to apologize for making my life miserable? Because I think it's a little too late for that, Hernandez."

Carly looked utterly confused. "What?"

Deanna just rolled her eyes. "Why are you still here?" she asked, trying to change the topic of conversation. "I thought you were going home?"

"This is my home," Carly nodded. She clapped her hands together once and looked around the dark room. "You are my friends."

"You don't live here, Carly," Deanna reiterated. She knew now that not even drugs or alcohol could make someone like this. It was actually starting to scare her. She was growing... concerned.

"Can we talk?" Carly asked, as if she hadn't heard Deanna's previous statement. The girl rolled her eyes in frustration and sat up, crossing her legs and looking straight at Carly.

"Why do you want to talk?" she asked, running a hand through her messy hair.

Carly seemed to think about the question for a moment, bringing her finger to her chin and staring off into the distance. "Oh, yeah," she raised her index finger in the air. "We are friends. Friends help friends, right?"

Deanna had to hold in her laughter. Friends? They were the furthest thing from friends. "Why?"

"Because I am scared," Carly nodded.

Deanna furrowed her eyebrows together. Scared? If anything, Deanna should be the one terrified of Carly and what she could do to her. Even though they were out of high school, Deanna was still intimidated by the other girl. But now, this new version of Carly seemed like anything but intimidating.

"Why?" Deanna asked, trying to appear disinterested. She couldn't deny that the more she spoke to Carly, the more concerned she became about the way the girl was acting.

"I can't sleep," Carly nodded once and looked around the room, almost as if she was refusing to make eye contact with Deanna. "I can't see anything."