Druig lands in a superhero pose and says "Maya are you alright?"

I nod and the towns people rapidly shoot at the deviants. He grabs my shoulders and says "Maya."

I shake my head and say "I saw a dead body... it-it was a first. I just saw a dead body- a real life dead person.. it's- it's- in the woods. I think.. oh my god it was disgusting. I couldn't even tell if it was a man or a woman... there was just so much... blood."

He shakes my shoulders and says "I need you to get some composure. Now is not the time to freak out, my love. Hold yourself together and get to my cabin for safety."

Sersi grabs Druig's shoulder spinning hand around and distracting him from me. "Druig... release them."

He looks to the humans shooting and fighting under his control. "This isn't their fight Druig. Please... you're better than this."

I feel my hands tremble as I hear the deviants screeches throughout the Amazon. There's too many. Kingo screams "it's a set up! There's too many of them!"

Sprite quickly runs towards me quickly hugging me and gasping as she feels the warm blood on my back.

Sersi says "Druig... please. They're innocent."

Druig lifted his arm, his eyes glowed gold and he quickly freed the towns people from his mind control. "Go! Get to the river! Now! Quickly!"

Sprite says breathlessly "Maya's injured-"

We're cut off as I flinch at the screeching of the deviants. One of its tails sweeps Sprite and I's legs. Sprite falls into a pile of hay and I slam into a reinforced home Sersi protected with her powers.

Honestly it was pretty comical.

Like a bird against a windshield.

It's like a bug against a window and Sersi's ill timed laughter cuts in.

It quickly stops when the deviant launches itself at her.

Attempting to drown her under the water of the fountain.

That fountain is so familiar. I remember it when we entered. God why is it so familiar

I think she only made the deviant angrier. Druig quickly turns towards the approaching Deviant Ikaris is trailing. He shoots and shouts "Gaia! God damnit! Sprite! Kingo! Get her out of here!"

 He shoots and shouts "Gaia! God damnit! Sprite! Kingo! Get her out of here!"